marketsurfer, how does it feel to be wrong?oil $79

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Daal, Aug 3, 2007.

1. PJKIII

PJKIII

How did you take losses shorting it today?

#11     Aug 6, 2007
  2. LOL. You took the words out of my mouth.

OldTrader

#12     Aug 6, 2007
  3. #13     Aug 6, 2007
  4. #14     Aug 6, 2007

5. thanks. nailed oil on the eve of new orleans hurricanes both times, looking like its going to be 3 for 3 with black gold.

best,

surf

#15     Aug 6, 2007
  6. Cutten

Cutten

This was a nice short! A classic "Trader Vic" 2b pattern. I saw it but hesitated on pulling the trigger, and missed that big down day recently. Anyway, I'm a long-term oil bull but right now I think we are headed below $70. I think it will need a bit of a washout for longs before the price can recover. But once that occurs, I think we'll edge up again and go into new highs, eventually up to say $95ish.

#16     Aug 8, 2007
  7. #17     Sep 12, 2007
  8. Daal

Daal

it needs more room

#18     Sep 13, 2007
  9. Daal

Daal

your a prophet. oil should be around $120 around the end of the decade

#19     Oct 18, 2007
  10. Oil is due for a major pullback sooner or later, but the fundamentals are there for new all-time highs. Crude strength is two fold: supply/ demand, and weak USD.

The supply/demand situation is unlikely to change, but when the dollar stops falling crude should start to level off. I would not be suprised if the Chinese sold a few billion USD reserves to flex their muscles either. Any kind of supply interruption and crude easily spikes to 100. I honestly don't understand how anyone can short given the risk/reward.

#20     Oct 18, 2007