Marketsurfer Destroys The iWatch

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Trapper

Trapper

ouch!!

#11     Mar 19, 2015

2. Wow, thanks for that link. Ouch is right, trapper. But I sincerely believe that this is different, its form rather than the function that will be the killer of the iWatch--- not to mention needing an iPhone to work. I am betting big that I am correct, fingers crossed!! surf

#12     Mar 19, 2015
  3. Trapper

Trapper

You could be right Surf, but I am an observer and not a player on this one.

Trapper

#13     Mar 19, 2015
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I had a similar view on smartphones back in 2007 because back in 2002-2003 I had a pocket pc, I was the only one out of thousands of people who had this phone, everyone that saw it made fun of it, they called it a brick, they said why are you carrying such a large phone, thats back in the day when the smallest phone you could own was the coolest and best around, anything bigger than a wallet was considered huge....the pocket pc was large compared to everyones slim razor motorola and nextel and cool nokia phones back then....it was a $400 phone at the time, it did almost everything, about thousand more things than your standard flip phone that everyone was carrying at the time, people called me out on it everywhere I went, so from that point on I thought why would anyone want one of these smartphones, I carried mine around for about 3 years, at the time I got rid of it probably in 2006 everyone was onto the coolest flip phones thats why I thought the smartphone would never take off, everyone and anyone was literally making fun of me for carrying such a device, now fast forward to 2015, and the phones people carry today are larger than ever before, yea they are slim but it seems the bigger the phone the cooler you are....who knows maybe one day the smaller the phone the cooler it will be... I have read articles that flip phones in asia are coming back, sales are beginning to rise again so who knows maybe the flip phone will come back one day.....

Way ahead of its time......

Specs:

Display: Reflective TFT color LCD, 12 bit, 4096 colors, Screen Size Diag: 3.5", Resolution: 240 x 320.

Battery Lithium Polymer rechargeable. Battery is replaceable by customer service. 1500 mA. Claimed battery life: Talk Time 5 hours (PDA off), 180 hours standby.

Performance: StrongARM 206 MHz processor, 32MB Flash ROM, 32 MB built-in RAM.

size: 5.1 x 2.9 x 0.7. Weight Approximately 7.1 oz.

Audio: Built in speaker, mic and stereo headphone jack. Voice Recorder and Windows Pocket Media Player included.

Software: Pocket PC 2002 operating system. Microsoft Pocket Office suite including Pocket Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Reader, and Outlook. Also, Terminal Services, MSN Instant Messenger for Pocket PC and Voice Recorder as well as handwriting recognition.

Expansion: 1 SD (Secure Digital) slot (non-SDIO).

Network: GSM with GPRS. Dual band 900 MHz (Europe) and 1900 MHz (US) freqencies.

This is what the tmobile pocket pc looked like

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tmobile.htm

#14     Mar 19, 2015
    RobertG likes this.
  5. Great a

That was a hell of a article and these Threads give the same feel my Apple Junkie friends are bitching complaining about with their i-Watch. The "Eight-Hour-Battery" Syndrome has bummed these Apple Geeks pretty good and many won't buy it unless they fix the battery. One of the guys who contributes to C? Tech site said "I don't want another chord, what the hell did Tim Cook expect, should we all have a friggen generator in our pockets to please Apple?" I rolled on the ground because he was the biggest Apple Fan-boy there is.

MarketSurfer once again is right in the feel of these Tech-Hub trends, thank you MS, your the blast!

#15     Mar 19, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  6. Marketsurfer, there are a few of us that will consider this a useful tool.

You may recall, I'm the guy who does a little trading in between doing deliveries ( my real job). My biggest issue is a safety issue and the poor coordination and sound quality I am getting with my car's Bluetooth /iPhone arrangement.

My hope is that Apple may be offering a safer arrangement for me. If I'm wearing the watch with my hand on the steering wheel, I am able to talk to the watch. Furthermore, a quick scan of my watch provides the address for the delivery which I can see while driving.

#16     Mar 19, 2015
  7. RobertG

RobertG

@marketsurfer opinion on this subject are baseless, and he does not have the credentials of a designer, or a usability engineer to determine the flaws or merits of such a product. Comparison of iWatch to Google Glasses or Segway, are a random choice of products that did not succeed.

However, if one must compare....iWatch is not an indepedent product. It is an extension of a phone, tablet, etc. As such, it creates an accessory that works with other devices and may (or not) create a additional convenience.

The success of such product depends on pricing, marketing, mimicking, and above all whether additional companies are trying to distribute the same product. Competition creates success many times for the original creator.

#17     Mar 19, 2015

8. No need for the "designer" degree--- I know marketing and particularly the luxury market. Mark my words, the iWatch will fail.

#18     Mar 19, 2015
  9. Hi, nice to see you again.

Interesting point. My iPhone Bluetooth set up works flawlessly and has worked across several owned vehicles and a dozen plus rental cars over the years.

But sure, there may be some niche applications like you point out.

Good luck! surf

#19     Mar 19, 2015
  10. RobertG

RobertG

iWatch is not a luxury product, although someone decided he needs a blinged one for $17K.
    Further, when I say "designer" I am not talking about Martha Stewart home decoration, rather those that Apple design employees who understand the interaction between man and machine. Do not forget, they are the ones who created the mouse.

The iWatch will be a phenomenal success. Their genius is taking products that everyone has, and recreating it. Could I be wrong? of course, yet you did not even mention ONE logical reason as to why it will. Sorry, but you seem to state strong opinions without any substance, at least in this case.

#20     Mar 20, 2015