Marketsurfer Destroys The iWatch

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

2. Link worked yesterday, doesn't today.

Yo Surf, this reminds me, you had the Vertu so will you be going for the iWatch?

lucysparabola likes this.

3. It works for me--- check it again. surf

JesseJamesFinn likes this.

4. No way, I HATE the iWatch. See article attached above. I think the iWatch will be a marketing disaster like Glass or Segway. Who would want an iPhone strapped on their wrist? Particularly since the thing needs to be tethered to an iphone to work.

and yes, I still like Vertu but you simply can not make this type of product mass market. surf

• con2.JPG
      con2.JPG
      File size:
      23.7 KB
      Views:
  5. S2007S

S2007S

I remember years back when they were hyping the segway, it was just incredible the amount of hype it was getting, they said everyone would be using one and it would be the way of the future, I have seen maybe 8 of them since that time and most of them were being used in malls where security officers would scoot up and down halls, here is an article from Time over 14 years ago, this was quoted from the article
    "Kamen's aspirations are even grander than that. He believes the Segway "will be to the car what the car was to the horse and buggy." He imagines them everywhere: in parks and at Disneyland, on battlefields and factory floors, but especially on downtown sidewalks from Seattle to Shanghai. "Cars are great for going long distances," Kamen says, "but it makes no sense at all for people in cities to use a 4,000-lb. piece of metal to haul their 150-lb. asses around town." In the future he envisions, cars will be banished from urban centers to make room for millions of "empowered pedestrians"--empowered, naturally, by Kamen's brainchild"
    http://content.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,186660-1,00.html..

google glass was all hype as well, I remember seeing a few people with it, even a kid who was no older than 12, I thought if this is the future were in trouble, it probably still is the future once the price comes down, you can do more with it and not everyone is looking like a fool wearing one. It is a bit kind of in your face of technology especially reading all the stories of people getting into fights over whether or not they were being recorded and photographed, people were actually being called out for wearing them in public, almost as if you were a menace to society.. ...

as for this apple watch, yea there is plenty of hype built into it, I mean these watches have been out for a few years now and it seems no one is noticing them, apple announces one and the world is all over it, the technology makes ZERO sense, why do I need a watch to respond to calls, texts and email when I have my 6"+ phone that costs over $600 bucks that can do all that and another 98 million different things....my friend has one and I laugh, I say why do you need that watch, oh so I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket to see who's calling or texting me, really, so that extra 3.4 seconds it takes to pull that phone out of your pocket is really going to tire you out, walk around any city for just 2 minutes and watch how many people have their phone out already, people walking and talking, texting and talking while walking, taking pictures of themselves while their walking, checking emails while their walking, the watch is just another distraction on top of the distraction thats already there.....the entire market is saturated with technology, how much more do we need to only distract us more.....I think this watch will be something big for about 2 days, there will be many pathetic fools waiting in line for it and once the hype is over it will be just a fad....

JesseJamesFinn and marketsurfer like this.
  6. Is this a sign to short Apple?? That's the real question! My bet is YES. surf

JesseJamesFinn likes this.

7. Hmm, I can only compare this to Google Glass, remember that hype? I loved the idea, but the product was a disappointment-- I quickly sold my rights to buy a Glass when I realized there was no value there. I bet a survey of Google users would have shown a greater than 50% interest in Glass before it was released. My bet is short the iWatch.

8. RobertG

RobertG

"The iPhone is nothing more than a luxury bauble that will appeal to a few gadget freaks," Bloomberg News wrote in January 2007—more than 500 million iPhone sales ago.

#10     Mar 18, 2015