Marketsurfer Declares STOCK BOTTOM IN!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Nov 4, 2008.

1. so the s&p 500 is going to earn more than $70 in 09?

#11     Nov 4, 2008
  2. You're calling a bottom after the index goes up 25%? I trust you have a suitably bullish upside target...

#12     Nov 4, 2008
  3. No offense, but without a description of the corresponding exit signals, that looks an awful lot like cherry-picking.

Look forward to hearing more.

#13     Nov 4, 2008
  4. Until it does. Then, forecast will be modified.

There is still huge downsides to this market. No one is sure where we will be in 6 months.

#14     Nov 4, 2008
  5. EPrado

EPrado

Call me crazy...but you are calling the bottom AFTER it was made ? So you are following price action?

Say it aint so..Marketsurfer has become a trend follower !!!!!!!!!!

Took you long enough......

Welcome aboard surf...finally came to your senses. Enjoy making lots of money.

#15     Nov 4, 2008

6. No modification. I am 100% behind this projection. i am very surprised this isnt super clear to everyone here. the market HAS NO CHOICE but to stay above 7777. MY projection published on Yahoo:

<i>Last week's stock rally is continuing with strength today. Election day exuberance and falling oil prices add to the positive vibe despite the non stop bad news. It seems any bad news is already priced in and the slightest positive bit of information sends stocks higher.

ADVERTISEMENT

I believe the bottom is in here for the stock market. However, markets never go straight up, we will have days of rallies punctuated with sharp declines. My opinion is the worst is over and the new bull has begun. </I>

ofcourse I had to tone it down for their editors, but i am very confident about the bottom being in.

how you trade this call is up to you, i can't give that kind of advice for obvious reasons.

surf

surf

#16     Nov 4, 2008

7. good point! yes, you are correct on this one.

:D :) :D

#17     Nov 4, 2008
  8. AAA30

AAA30

AAA30 declares "We will see new lows mid December".

Not going to start a new thread for this because there is really no value to these or the OP calls.

Reasons.

-Credit is still constrained and market is not pricing in high capital costs for a long period. This includes blue chips.

-Banks Insurance and possibly others will have government "dems" whispering in their ear forcing unprofitable decisions while diluting equity.

-Massive exit from the markets by funds/individuals who will not re-enter markets for some time.

-Consumer will not rebound till late 09-10 time period.

-Currency volatility.

- Market prognosticators keep harping to get long based on signals that worked in the previous secular market will force those who follow to buy at highs and panic at lows. We are currently in the chase to buy period that won't last. The link that Marketsurfer posted is a great example of bad analysis and placing to much weight on what happened in the past.

I am not short here but that is my current thinking and how I see the market for the next year. So I dissagree but thats why we have a market.

#18     Nov 4, 2008
  9. S2007S

S2007S

:p :p :p :p :p

Any reason why the DJIA wont dip back below 7777????

#19     Nov 4, 2008
  10. Just trying to be clear here - you're predicting the Dow will hit a level 375 points - or ~3% - higher than where it is now at some point in the next month.

Is that about right?

You're calling for a 3% rise?

#20     Nov 4, 2008