Marketsurfer Calls For > 50% Retrace By November

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Possibly because you have zero credibility when it comes to these calls, which you make once every few weeks until you happen to be right, at which point you post as if you didn't make the 6 wrong calls which preceded the one that happened to be right?

That's just a guess.

#11     Jun 27, 2009
  2. Illum

Illum

Surf that red line, pre leh downtrend? I have that one up. Seems to be what the market has respected most recently. See how it does this week. No room to the upside if it continues to respect.

#12     Jun 27, 2009
  3. this was in TA where it belongs. an overzealous mod must have moved it, no clue. thanks, surf

#13     Jun 27, 2009

4. no im very open and aware of my "bad calls". ( many) i am not psychic but have documented multiple killer calls over the years. im usually early and talk from a macro sensibility--take it as you will.

best, surf

#14     Jun 27, 2009
  5. i think your refering to the 200 day Simple Moving Average. yeah, i agree. expecting serious carnage either slow grind or quick quick drop. we will see!

best, surf

#15     Jun 27, 2009
  6. So just for the record, you're unaware of the fact that if you make several bad calls or 'early calls' as you so generously put it, it becomes meaningless that when markets eventually turn, one of your 'calls' was made in some sort of proximity to the turn? You actually don't understand this, is that correct?

You think that if you call a top, and you're wrong, and then you call a top a week later, and you're wrong, and then you call a top two weeks later, and you're wrong, and then you call a top three weeks later, and you're wrong, and then you call a top four weeks later, and you're wrong, and then you call a top 5 weeks later and markets top, that that represents a contribution, that it represents you making a 'correct call', or a 'killer call' as you said?

Can you confirm that this is what you think? I mean can you unequivocally state that you think 6 bad market turn calls followed by a 7th that occurs when the markets actually do turn means that the 7th call was a 'killer call' or that it represents a contribution of some kind or a useful analysis on your part?

Thanks.

#16     Jun 27, 2009
  7. mxjones

mxjones

Now if you could only do something about him pumping Timmy Sykes.

:eek:

#17     Jun 27, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Marketsurfer and Timmy Sykes are gay?

I didn't know that.

:confused:

#18     Jun 27, 2009

9. frankly, i don't care if you get any value from my calls or not. i have numerous positive responses from those who enjoy them over the years. as you can guess, its a fun challenge for me, i post the calls for fun and to get others opinions. some have said they have made killings fading the calls--- cool! simply don't read my posts or sign up for the twitter calls, if you don't "get it".

best, surf

#19     Jun 27, 2009
  10. <b>Yesterday you posted a "Fed accused of fraud" post with nothing but "stay short" as any explanation, commentary or analysis. I used to really enjoy your commentary when you did it. But lately this is just detracting from a message board designed for good discussion on - in this case - Technical Analysis.</b>

that was not posted in the TA section. in fact, that was posted several seconds prior to the wire story. no value for you?? yeah, i misinterpreted the markets reaction, big deal....

i dont get the point

surf

#20     Jun 27, 2009