Markets will correct 50% from today’s close

Discussion in 'Economics' started by IV_Trader, Jul 23, 2008.

1. I'm a bear on the market too, but 50% down from here is borderline disaster scenario (assuming you mean 50% on the S&P, not some b.s. index like the NASDAQ or RUSSELL).

I could see maybe another 25%, but that would be all. At that point, the government and the big banks/firms would step in and support the market otherwise their gravy train scams (401k's, mutual funds, buy and hold bullshit, etc.) would be finished.

#11     Jul 23, 2008
  2. pitz

pitz

I'm buying oil stocks with long-life reserves that are trading at 3-5X trailing earnings.

'nuff said. That stuff *has* to revalue at some point in time or another.

#12     Jul 24, 2008
  3. Digs

Digs

#13     Jul 24, 2008
  4. you know how stocks work?

werd?

#14     Jul 24, 2008
  5. Et tu, Brute?

#15     Jul 24, 2008
  6. lol , yes , me too

#16     Jul 24, 2008
  7. That type of prediction without reasoning is absolutely useless to anyone

#17     Jul 24, 2008
  8. True , I will try to post some reasons behind my call later. I am also not advocating taking a short position at today’s levels. Any bearish call is a non-tradable in current (fixed) environment. Similar to “ Perfume.Com will go to BK one day” in late 90th. The prediction was right, but early shorts lost fortunes. Kind of operation was a great success but patient died concept

#18     Jul 24, 2008
  9. bgp

bgp

useless ? how ? just buy the rydex tempest fund and close your eyes and sit tight. i'll wake you up in 2 yrs.

the master of rydex - rytpx,
    bgp

#19     Jul 24, 2008
  10. The reason it was useless WASN'T because the author didn't give instructions on how to trade the call.

#20     Jul 24, 2008