Markets Vs. Woman Leaders?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ML_QUANT, Sep 29, 2008.

Was the speaker responsible for today's crash?

1. YES

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. NO

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ERTW

ERTW

Quote from Ticketwatcher:

You hit it on the head. Women in the workplace take everything PERSONALLY.

I made my point by merely asking you a very simply non-offensive question. "including your mom?"

Had you said "all women are as qualified as men" instead of "all women are shit at work places", would my question " including your mom?" seem offensive at all?

In short, who is to blame for the insult? If you don't want your dearly beloved mother to turn over her grave. don't say things that offend all women in general. It's as simple as that.

Politically correct my ass , you don't have to respect every woman, but at least give your mom and your sisters and your daughters the respect they deserve.

Direct your angers at Pelosi or your co-workers (whom you've actually worked with) for all I care. Don't assume you know all women, coz you know what they say about people who assume....

#11     Sep 29, 2008
  2. Wow - Pelosi has a lot more power over the Republicans than I thought!

We might see Boehner in a studded leather collar and leash soon if this keeps up.

What a crock - Republicans didn't want to vote for it (can't really blame them) but this nonsense that it's Pelosi is garbage.

#12     Sep 29, 2008
  3. The funny thing about this is that McCain claimed credit for the bipartisan passage of the bill this morning with Romney showing up tv parroting the same thing.

#13     Sep 29, 2008
  4. YOU are FULL of IT.
    There was nothing simple about your question. You had to characterize my mother with left wing code for right wing nuts.

There is nothing simple about that.

Be a man.

Yes that is SEXIST PIG vocabulary.

I am old and I am old school and I am a dinosaur.

You gotta problem with me, FLAME me like a man without mentioning my family.

My family were decent and honorable. I may well be the complete abject asshole failure that you attribute to me but they do not deserve to be mentioned in the conservation.

I may well be deserving of the scorn that you would put on me.

But if I wanted to FLAME you, you can bet I am skilled enough to do so without a single reference to your family which I automatically assume to be superior to the likes of you.

#14     Sep 29, 2008
  5. ERTW

ERTW

You sound so emotional and you sure took what I said personal. :)

By your logic, you must be a woman.

Sorry, madam. Where are my manners. you win. :)

#15     Sep 29, 2008
  6. You are perceptive. I am a woman. And I am proud to say that I can field dress a moose better than any man.

S. P.

#16     Sep 29, 2008
  7. So sad that individuals like yourself are not man enough to mention other's mothers in their face and prefer to hide behind the internet and bark and insult...just to satisfy and feed their own weaknesses and the poor below average upbringing they have suffered. Look if you are man enough show us your best logic and base your arguments as on facts and observations.
    You did not even bother to read the post accurately where he says that men are willing to eat shit to put bread on the table for their families.
    It was and is quite obvious that Pelosi was well overwhelmed by the attention she was receiving and blew a perfect opportunity. If she had any tact and was practicing proper politics she would have recognized her duty to the country first and to the congress as being a bilateral speaker second and her womanly intuitions would NOT have kicked in to send Trillions of dollars worth of the peoples money and retirement down the drain...
    Now, having said that, you have 3 choices:
    1- Demonstrate your reasoning skills free of insults and let's have a civilized conversation.
    2- Rather than shooting off your mouth, arrange to meet with me anywhere in S.FL of your choice and insult me in my face.
    3- None of the above, go hide behind internet and insult me too and we know what that labels as now, don't we? Like a little coward ...

#17     Sep 29, 2008
  8. ERTW

ERTW

Feel free to post your address. I'd love to be manly enough to demonstrate my logical to you face to face. :)

Unless, if you are not manly enough to take on the offer.:)

How is that for logical reasoning? :)

Since when did face to face confrontation become a criteria for manhood..I am all ears.

#18     Sep 29, 2008
  9. ERTW

ERTW

It's not my perception, it's my inductive reasoning ability.

There's another example to demonstrate the power of logical thinking:

1. You stated, and I quote "Women in the workplace take everything PERSONALLY."

There are two way of looking at this, either you think that is an insult to women, or you don't think it is an insult to women.

2. To your comment, I replied "including your mom"

a. If you don't consider your remark offensive, then neither should you consider my question offensive.

b. If you consider your own remarks offensive to women, then you should have known that you were offending your own mother by saying what you said.

After all, you made your statement by drawing conclusions from what you observe on a daily basis. If you didn't think your mother, sisters, female co-workers all behave in such manner, why would you make this remark in the first place?

Therefore, your remarks in no way undermines the professionalism of my mother, since you do not know her. It only undermines the professionalism of your own mother.

3. Now that I know you are a woman, I would also like to ask.
    "Including yourself?"

Here's the kicker:
    if you consider yourself to be someone who " takes everything personally" in a professional setting. Then why should you expect anybody to take your opinions seriously on a forum tailored towards professionals, such as EliteTrader?

If you don't expect people to take you seriously, why bother saying anything at all?

Don't you see the irony in saying " I am a women, hear me out, I am telling ya, 'No women can make objective decisions that's worth listening to'. "

Gee, does that include you?

#19     Sep 30, 2008