Markets up again ..no one cares about the housing

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Apr 24, 2008.

1. <QUOTE><i>Quote from Yahoo!:</i>

The stock market is climbing back toward its session highs, with financials showing strength (+3.6%). There does not appear to be one specific catalyst for the buying interest within financials, although they extended their gains midday on word that Merrill Lynch (MER 48.55, +3.64) is not going to cut its dividend. Buying interest is broad-based within the sector, with notable advances in thrifts & mortgages (5.6%), multi-line insurance (+5.6%) and investment banks & brokerages (+5.4%).<QUOTE>

Just goes to show you that you never know when or why the big boys are gonna move this market forward. Just pays to follow in their tracks, since most stocks follow suit.

Watching volume is key - despite the "price only" guys (which have a much shorter time-frame than me.

pS

:(

#41     Apr 24, 2008
  2. Choo Choo here comes crude. If the stock market is going to rise it shows the economy is strong, strong economy strong demand.

Now had the fed let the market sort out there own mess the stock market would have fallen much futher, demand for energy would have pulled back and crude prices would have corrected.

Thats how free markets work. But that did not happen the fed rushed in to save wallstreet at the first little sign of stock market weakness, thus we have soaring food and energy prices, diesel prices are now over $4.00. People we are not even near peak driving season and fuel costs are at record highs.

Its a fine mess the goverment and the fed has put us in. They should have stayed out and let the markets work.

#42     Apr 24, 2008
  3. markets up huge today

Who could have imagined this morning they would be up so much.

#43     Apr 24, 2008
  4. Landis82 after working with Paul Tudor Jones became so successful he uses Quotetracker.

Running a trading operation as a business you can write off the expenses of applications like Bloomberg.

I would have to guess Landis is not running a trading business.

#44     Apr 24, 2008
  5. Just sell in MAY, don't forget.

#45     Apr 24, 2008
  6. Want the case last year. Markets went higher till July when the subprime mess hit.

#46     Apr 24, 2008
  7. New prez comming to town.

#47     Apr 24, 2008
  8. Regardless of the very strong up day we are having, this is just a retarded statement.

#48     Apr 24, 2008
  9. It was fun posting and I learned a hell of a lot on this forum but it is time to say goodbye.

Thanks to all who have been constructive and helped me develope over the past year and a half.

Best of luck to all.

#49     Apr 24, 2008
  10. Borrowing costs for Main Street rising, saving yields for Main Street falling. Check on Wall Street fed lending money under 1%, all tax payer dollars.

#50     Apr 24, 2008