Markets up again ..no one cares about the housing

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Apr 24, 2008.

1. He posted this earlier, I guess it explains his level of conviction: "Stock market is in complete denial. I am quite sure we will see a crash as bad as 87. Complacency in the current environment is truly a marvel."

We'll know soon enough who's been complacent :p

#31     Apr 24, 2008
  2. Thanks for your concern but please don't lose any sleep over my positions. I am confident they will be just fine.

Take a step back and look at the bigger picture. From here we really have two options. We either rally to test the all time highs or sell off to test the Jan lows. I've placed my bets and am willing to lose all the premiun on my options if I'm wrong.

If that is absurd then call me flava flav.

#32     Apr 24, 2008
  3. Well mak.... since you have plenty of time to research all my posts then I assume you aren't trading either. By your conviction I assume you are long. I only have to say congrats... I'm not mad at you, in fact I'm happy for you.

Not sure why people get so pissed at traders who take opposing positions!?!?

Best of luck to you it matters not what either of us think or say, the market will do whatever it wants. That I am sure of.

#33     Apr 24, 2008
  4. Good to see interest rates moving higher, that should stimulate growth. All the fed rate cuts sure have helped… cough cough.

#34     Apr 24, 2008
  5. My point was to the principals of money management. I have never seen a successful trader use TIME as a stop-loss on anything other than intra-day trading.

Traders trade PRICE.
    Not time.

#35     Apr 24, 2008
  6. Well I guess I'm a trail blazer.

#36     Apr 24, 2008
  7. Rate cuts take 6 months to a year to kick in.

#37     Apr 24, 2008
  8. Promises, promises . . .

#38     Apr 24, 2008
  9. Grab FFIP.

#39     Apr 24, 2008

10. Ah yes Landis the internet chat room poster who says he worked with Paul Tudor Jones back in the 80s. Wow look at him now posting in a chat room all day long. Man you must be at rock bottom.

#40     Apr 24, 2008