Markets spoiled by BUBBLE ben bernanke!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Aug 9, 2011.

1. S2007S

S2007S

This is what I have been writing about for years now, that every single time there is a correction in the markets the markets dont find the bottom on their own, but rather want the fed to intervene to help prop it back up. I find it pathetic how wallstreet has to cry for a handout every single time a correction takes place.

Market a Spoiled Baby Crying to ‘Daddy Bernanke’: Manager
    CNBC.com | August 09, 2011 | 03:14 AM EDT

Following huge losses for the Dow on Monday and further selling in Asia overnight, the markets are watching what the Fed and Ben Bernanke will do at their July Meeting today. Speculation is mounting that the Fed will attempt to restore calm but one fund manager thinks that policy action is unnecessary.

“The markets have become like a spoiled baby who expects daddy Bernanke to rush for help whenever they feel a little bit of pain” Pedro Noronha, a fund manager at Noster Capital in London, told CNBC.com on Monday.

“This correction was long overdue and it is healthy, as it allows assets to pass from weak into stronger hands and to be more fairly priced” said Noronha.

The problem for Noronha is that attempts to stop the market reacting to events via intervention mean the market cannot find its footing.

“It is important that the market learns how to find its own footing again without the constant band aids and quick fix medicines that quickly alleviate the pain but do nothing to solve the issues at hand” said Noronha.

The sell-off witnessed across the world in the last few trading sessions is a classic secular bear market sell-off according to Chris Watling, the CEO of Longview Economics who thinks another round of quantitative easing is on the cards.

“It reflects how 'financialized' the Western economies have become—and as such how financial markets are unable to stay elevated without plentiful liquidity” Watling said in an interview with CNBC.com.

“Expect more QE to be announced soon by the Fed (and others)—perhaps as early as today. That, if large enough, should begin to start to stabilize financial markets,” he said.

The US will not fall back into recession , according to Watling who is advising clients to sit on the sidelines until things stabilize before a stocks rally into the end of the year.

In the last hour stocks have recovered some poise but remain lower. One analyst believes a lot now depends on what Bernanke does tonight.

"Although it is encouraging to see the recovery in stocks overnight, an awful lot now seems to be riding on the outcome of tonight's FOMC meeting. That is a significant concern” said Simon Derrick, the head of global currency research at Bank of New York Mellon.

2. I completely agree... I don't understand why everyone's crying for the Fed to do something.

3. zdreg

zdreg

Westerners are soft and are whiners. ET posts are a reflection of this state. what happened to the stiff upper lip?

4. m22au

m22au

agree, but the reason why people are crying for the Fed to do something should be obvious - they want stocks to go up.

It would be funny to see what would happen if Bernanke does nothing much today, but I doubt it will happen.

5. Yes, I know, it was a rhetorical question. And yes, I am hoping to see them do nothing.

6. Big fekin gigantic cup & handle. The question is... will she break out above or below the handle????

[​IMG]

7. People, 666 aint' gonna happen. Well rally to 1200 and that's it for the rally --- if there is a rally, that is...!

8. Wake up fools.

Greenspan said it, plain and simple on meet the press.
    He said the country will never default because we can print money.
    Of course the entire cast about passed out when he said it.

QE3,4, 5, 6, 7, are coming.

Pull your heads outa your arses and look at reality. THEY ARE TELLING US PLAIN AND SIMPLE- GET READY FOR MASSIVE INFLATION!!!!!!!

How do you nit witz make a living? I read this post and laugh my arse off.

ET has turned into ACADEMIC WANA BE's. Freeloaders central...

Should change the name of ET to FC...Freeloaders Central.

Feds are going to pump more money into the system They are going to continue to pump as we never left THE FIRST RECESSION.

9. We shall see.

10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Buddy, yes you have been whining repetitively about this and other stupid ideas for years. The markets don't give a shit about the Fed or QE, this is just an irrational theory that you and others on EliteTrader have.

Don't worry, by the fall the markets will likely be rallying and you'll be blaming it on all the wrong things. Earnings results never seem to gain acceptance from you, even though they are the main driver of longer term markets.

My general impression of you is you are confused all the time, and you love to rant hysterically about how crazy things are.

#10     Aug 9, 2011