Markets should be open every day

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dividend, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I see that now, my mistake.

#21     Mar 21, 2008
  2. Surdo

Surdo

I am glad someone pays attention, I missed the month myself!

el surdo

#22     Mar 21, 2008
  3. One year later.

I am still not enjoying these long weekends.
    That means I have not made enough $ yet probably.

Still, there is no reason to close down the entire market.

#23     Jan 19, 2009
  4. They are open....My remaining ES Short positions from 863.75 and up are already almost 30 points in the green.....what a swing!!! :D

Well at least the futures are trading.....LOL! :D

#24     Jan 19, 2009
  5. S2007S

S2007S

The futures have no chance of turning around by tomorrows opening. Dow would be off 100 points now, Dow 8000 here we come.

#25     Jan 19, 2009
  6. I get so bored on weekends . Markets could be automated and are open 24/7 .

Now on Sundays I go to a chanting group. They chant non stop from 11.00 to 5.00 in the evening and after that there is big offering of prasadam (holy food). enjoyable.

#26     Jan 19, 2009
  7. Why are there no ECNs that open up for business 24/7 ?? Is there some kind of rule against it?

I understand if the dow drops 5,000 pts and there's a panicked 10,000 deep mob outside; they need to close that down and put up a "went out to lunch" sign and be heliported away.

I also understand we need to take a break. But we just had three breaks in a row. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year. Party is over. Time to get back to business.

#27     Jan 19, 2009
  8. bighog

bighog Guest

Ever hear about burnout? Weekends are about rest and relaxation. Just like a retrace in the intradays mkt action is about regrouping and resupply the guns with more ammo for the next leg.

Anyone that wants trading all the time has never extended themselves to the rigers of mental challenge and mental exhaustion from being in the warzone with a full head of steam.

Paper trading will not get the job done. :D

Get a real life and enjoy weekends and Holidays and quit dreaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p57nf-FvVxw

#28     Jan 19, 2009

9. Assuming by "markets" YOU mean equities, then my remark is: you really don't understand WHO you trade against.

Opens serve a distinct purpose..........move away from a basis. Inventory posture.

Closes serve a purpose.................create an illusion. Particularly Friday's close. CBOE clamped onto that concept too.

Combined, creates a session.

And......halts serve a purpose..............locate shares.

How do you think a (yet to be accomplished) 5000 point decline occurs? Who's responsible?

It's all about the merchandising of paper, not serving you. That's what McDonald's (not to be confused with MCD) is for. Whooosh, that went right over your head, didn't it?

Over-trading is reminiscient of a hamster on a treadmill. Ever see a cat in front of an aquarium?

Eh............FOREX is open 24/7. Feed your addiction and piss away your moola there.

Incidently, the NYSE was open on Saturdays until 1952. Lack of interest. Of course that was "long" B4 institutionalization. I guess those were the good ol' days, eh?

#29     Jan 19, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't know about every day but the markets should certainly be open today.

#30     Jan 19, 2009