markets mirror

Discussion in 'Forex' started by tradingkevin, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Triangular arbitrage.
    Like a "3 way"?
    My wife said no.

#11     Jul 16, 2009
  2. r4Nd.m

r4Nd.m

As per mataf.net, Eurusd & Eurchf correlate at -98.8 on the hour & -95.8 on the daily, so really those pairs wouldn't be the best candidates.

#12     Jul 16, 2009
  3. LOLOL :D

Ah you missed your chance, your mother in law's gone home now!

I met an older woman at a bar last night, she wasn't bad for 57. After a few drinks we got to chatting about sex and she asked if I'd ever had a mother and daughter threesome? I said no. We drank a bit more, then she said that tonight was my lucky night! We went back to her place, she put the hall light on and shouted upstairs "mom, you still awake?"

#13     Jul 16, 2009
  4. How about Eur/Usd and Usd/Chf, they're inversely correlated.

#14     Jul 16, 2009
  5. LOL ROFL

#15     Jul 17, 2009
  6. LOL cabletrader.

#16     Jul 17, 2009
  7. I just puked in my mouth.

As far as reverse correlation, my suggestion is AUD/USD-EUR/AUD.
    Time frames seem to be important, as far as tolerance. The pairs sometimes move in the same direction (consolidation).

#17     Jul 17, 2009
  8. aceholic

aceholic

Do yourself a favor. Try putting the USD as the denominator in all charts where it's part of a pair (chart it as 1/USDCAD, 1/USDCHF, 1/USDJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD). Tell me what you see and which one stands out.

Then put JPY in the denominator of all your charts... that should be easy enough and take a look. The relationships tend to stand out a lot more when you do it that way.

The opportunity is always there. To do it, you have to be measuring your speeds to each leg in milliseconds. Or, you need to find someone else who's really slow... but you'd probably do just as well for less effort by picking them off in a standard like-for-like arbitrage.

#18     Jul 17, 2009
  9. hey Cabletrader...how do you get this on IBFX MT4?...I downloaded it but does not show up on the trading plstform?...is it hidden somewhere on it?..what do I need to do to get this app on it?...thanks...

#19     Jul 18, 2009
  10. Thanks, it sounds like it's something more suitable for an automated system which can respond quicker.

#20     Jul 18, 2009