Markets just spoke loudly

Discussion in 'Economics' started by NY_HOOD, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You are INSANE. There is no doubt.

#21     Aug 1, 2011
  2. Larson

Larson Guest

Gabfly worries about his southern border and all the crazies residing below it.:D :D :D

#22     Aug 1, 2011
  3. Thank you for your understanding. :)

#23     Aug 1, 2011
  4. INSANE: LOL.... Far from it. Of course your response is what I expect from 99% of most fools on ET.

I play the game....on a Global Scale. The only ones sleeping are the US CITIZENS. The rest of the world, including the IMF, who is looking to replace the US DOLLAR as the Reserve currency understands. I guess the rest of the World is Insane as well.

I'm sure you the same fool who thinks that QE 3, 4 , 5 will not happen.
    Im sure you are the same fool that believes things will return to normal.
    Im sure you are the same fool who thought Gold would never break 1500.
    Im sure you are the same fool who dances around singing "DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY" but all the while, you are sucking off the Gov's TIT in one form or another.

#24     Aug 1, 2011
  5. Talk of revolution today does seem out of place in American. It is not something we ever imagine could ever happen to us again like happened in the late 1700s and it is never mentioned in any context seriously in this country. But then again I never imagined I would hear talk of America being bankrupted by my governments on the local, state and federal levels in my life time.

The truth is Americans have become too complacent and comfortable in a world where other people over throw their governments on a regular basis as shown on our televisions. Just look at Egypt, Syria, Libia or Yeman which started out as “peaceful little protests by the people.” But wait a minute, your right they are middle east countries and that couldn’t happen here because we aren’t disenfranchised citizens like they are.

So yes I agree you it does seem farfetched (lunatic fringe) to discuss revolution. Instead I believe America can prevail and get through this government designed crisis without the riots of Greece or revolution. However, it must follow through with this redesign process in the coming years.

But that doesn’t mean as a trader we should not be prepared for the worst draw down to come because of this crisis. When I bought gold at $380 years ago as part of my disaster plan I never imagined it would go to $1600. So maybe it is time to open a savings account in Canada just to be prepared.

#25     Aug 1, 2011
  6. Objects are closer than they appear.

#26     Aug 1, 2011
  7. Gabfly and Lucrum are prime examples of why a "Revolution" will not happen in the US.

Not to say that the depression will not destroy most states but a handful.

But their mentality, their weakness and their inability to read between the lines and look at the FACTS are what I expect from most of the population.

Of course, they will be the first ones on the Government Tit and begging for money if and when the Shit Goes down.

#27     Aug 1, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Gabby is already on the Government Tit - in Canada.

This is my idea of "begging"

[​IMG]

beautiful isn't it?

#28     Aug 1, 2011
  9. Rabbitone: GOOD POINT.

However, most "Retail Traders" are now washed out. Very few, actually make a living. Competing with Banks and HFT firms as well as government intervention has eroded any edge.

Look at the Volume in the US MARKETS. That say's it all.

There are plenty of other ways to make money. Plenty of people I know are doing very well. Point is, for people to wake up and understand that no matter if this was planned or it is a fluke that you better build you networth fast, you better understand the GOV is not your Friend nor is it here to 'Help' you. That you will not be saved by the almighty DC crew as their interest are not yours.

Understand that if you work for a Public Traded Company, you are nothing but a number and you will be axed if and when needed.

You must find a way to work for your self or with a private company that you can take a vested interest in as a "Worker".

The Game is changing fast and those who can't see this are being left behind in the millions.

#29     Aug 1, 2011
  10. piezoe

piezoe

I disagree with most of you who think the market is responding intraday to longer term economic conditions. I believe the main reason the market went down rather dramatically, as it did today, is that there were a lot of longs at the open (some foolish longs as it were, because there was a big gap up locking out everyone who did not want to risk being long at the close Friday.) so there were a lot of stops hit when the market lost its overnight lows. True, the ISM number was dismal, however the market futures continue to trade sideways in a 1241 to 1273 channel. If it loses its 1241 March low however, that will be of note.

There will be no downgrade (not now anyway), the US will not default. The intermediate term picture is for more sideways action, imo. It will take quite a few years for the economy to dig out of this hole, but the long term picture for the market remains up, not down, as in the next few years the market will be driven by a weak dollar and inflation which will lift nominal earning.

Intraday movement, except in the face of a true crisis, has very little to do with long term economic outlook. The economy will not get much worse than it is; it will very slowly improve while the morons in Washington come to their senses.

Short term swings are driven by technicals rather than economic reality.

I have not bought any ammo yet! :D

#30     Aug 1, 2011