Markets got it all wrong

Discussion in 'Economics' started by M.W., Jul 28, 2022.

1. so what are the impacts on market then

#11     Jul 28, 2022
  2. M.W.

M.W.

Of lesser forward guidance? I guess higher volatility as markets need to guess more.

#12     Jul 28, 2022
    murray t turtle and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  3. [​IMG]

#13     Jul 28, 2022
    cesfx likes this.
  4. %%
    LOL\ SINCE the main US\ SPY is in a bear trend[aka falling knife refers to longs here]
    So i see what you both mean. I seldom watch anything europe we have too much taxes + regs to look@ more. Canadian stocks are different matter since there is such a cross trade.

#14     Jul 28, 2022
  5. wmwmw

wmwmw

So why market goes up today? Did it get it all wrong again?

Market action after FED meeting does not necessarily to be a respond to FED announcement.
    Check out FED meeting on 5/4/2022, even Powell said very Hawkish comments, market nevertheless shot up and closed at the high of the day.
    For yesterday, even Powell said nothing, market would shot up after Fed announcement .

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    #15     Jul 28, 2022
  6. M.W.

M.W.

That is what I believe, I will hold my breath. At this point it is just watching the market and assessing all the variables in play. But I do not see much improvement on the horizon, neither in terms of GDP nor inflation.

If equity markets move higher from here then I probably need to re-assess, but the moment it turns South I will be on the short side in equities and buy USDJPY

#16     Jul 28, 2022
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Even when the markets are wrong, they are right.

#17     Jul 28, 2022
  8. M.W.

M.W.

I went long USDJPY with a tight stop at 134.35

Holding off on the equity side as I need more volume to build on the downside, which might take a day or two if it happens at all.

#18     Jul 28, 2022
  9. Let the market continue to do a summer drift up for a few more weeks.

Then the next leg down starts

#19     Jul 28, 2022
  10. wmwmw

wmwmw

That is the best post on this thread.
    If you follow market, whether it is right or wrong, you make money.
    If you fight against market, whether it is right or wrong, you lose money.
    So what is the meaning that you want to find whether market is right or wrong? A trader does not need to judge whether market is right, he just needs to follow market.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    #20     Jul 28, 2022