Markets getting frisky

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Cutten

Cutten

Major move down in the dollar, and the EU stockmarkets look weak as hell. IMO we could have a bit of a nasty day today. Short S&P from 1044.75, stop at 1049.

Might as well pick up some fixed income too. Long Bobl from 110.43. Short FESX @ 2584.

2. Cutten

Cutten

Just sold the Bobls @ 59 - Bund hit stops so I take some profit.

3. c_verm

c_verm

If your going to post a price at when to short you should post your stop, & TARGET price. If your helping out traders give them the full picture. :D

4. Cutten

Cutten

Initial target price is 1034-35, yesterday's lows, but it depends how the market acts.

The market has put in a low and rallied to a higher high intraday at 1046, so I'm lowering my stop to 1046.50

In hindsight I'm not sure it is a good idea to post intraday trades, as the timeframe is too short - by the time anyone has read it, the situation could have changed.

5. Cutten,

I thought you were going to be trading big macro moves?

Russian equities are melting down. MTMS 4900 is a possibility. I'm spread a little thin, so I'm studying a short position in CEE.

6. Cutten

Cutten

I trade intraday too.

Edit - forgot to mention FESX stop & target. Stop is now lowered to breakeven. Target is initially the 50 day moving average around 2555.

7. Pardon my ignorance but what is the FESX?

8. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

9. Cutten

Cutten

Covered 1/2 my S&P short @ 1035.00. Edit - as mentioned above, this was near the low from yesterday. I usually exit half my position when the market reaches a major high or low from a previous day, as these tend to act as support/resistance.

Covered half the FESX on the close at 2560. Edit - my reason was it is near enough to the 50 day MA and I don't want a full intraday position held overnight.

Stop on S&P now at 1039.50. Edit - reason is that it's just above the previous rally high of 1038.50-39.00

10. Cutten

Cutten

Stop on the rest of the S&P now lowered to 1037.25, just above the high of the first bounce off the 1034.25 level

#10     Nov 18, 2003