Markets closed again today? WTF?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Jan 2, 2007.

1. http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061109/un_countrylivein_061109?s_name=&no_ads=

Well my friend apparently not everyone believes that the U.S is the greatest country in the world. I believe the feeling you are describiing is just an element of home sweet home, the same way i feel when i go home to visit my family, even though the place is pretty ugly.
    Johnson was so true when he said " patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." Patriotism in an extreme degree does nothing more than divide the world and promote contempt of other of people of other nations. Ask yourself, if patriotism and national pride in an extreme degree did not exist, what genocides could have been avoided. I am English but I have and do spend time in 3rd world countries, and many people in those countries feel exactly the same way about their country as you do of the states. So who is right if so many people feel the same way about their own country. If you feel that the U.S is the greatest country i the world, then by all means say soas an opinion, but to make sweeping statements that for a fact the U.S is the greatest country in the world then you are making a yourself out to be a retard. No offense.
    As regards the markets being closed out of respect for Ford, I don't see anything wrond with showing some respect to a someone who died.

#21     Jan 2, 2007
    #22     Jan 2, 2007
  3. mtwokay

mtwokay

#23     Jan 2, 2007
  4. You would think a guy who manages an ibank trading desk would know the equity markets are closed for Ford's funeral. :p

#25     Jan 2, 2007
  5. I still stand behind the point i made whether or not i misquoted johnson.

#26     Jan 2, 2007
  6. Norway (hehehe)...

UN (hehehe)...

#27     Jan 2, 2007
  7. Have you ever been there?
    Have you ever left the U.S or is your idea of traveling to a foriegn country going to a Home Depot car park to find a guy to pain your house?

#28     Jan 2, 2007

8. ____________________________________________________

It was religious intolerance that drove the pilgrims to America in the first place. And it was imperialism - taxation without representation- that drove the patriot movement.

"Education is mans going forward from cocksure ignorance to thoughtful uncertainty." - Kenneth G. Johnson.

#29     Jan 2, 2007