Markets are in trouble.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Sep 28, 2007.

1. huh i didn't take it that way. the markets being in trouble can be as much an up move as a down move

you guys need to get into zimbabwe, wtf are you wasting ur time on US SIFs

#11     Sep 28, 2007
  2. Sounds good. Markets down...keep that approach.

There's more to come from this guys. This is a small start.

There's a reason we cut 50bps up here. Im one of the guys who didn't agree with the rate cut either. Im starting to think otherwise.

#12     Sep 28, 2007
  3. Poole spoke today.

"He said the Fed must have a 'very open mind' on what next policy move must be.

He also said it would be a mistake for the markets to bet on more rate cuts. The Fed will judge what action to take meeting by meeting."

From yahoo.

Yup.....and now the game begins. Next week guys. Im tellin ya.

#13     Sep 28, 2007
  4. Here....this goes for you guys that mocked me in the first post.

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.asp?message_id=17409707

Posted by: athlonmank8
    In reply to: None
    Date:2/26/2007 6:42:02 PM
    Post #of 3847

Market could be weakening a bit temporarily. Break of today's low will confirm

Next day was 2/27. (-600 at one point) Did I happen to get lucky?

I got the same feeling for next week. I've been seeing some odd market momentum, not to mention some key technical support was removed (liquidity) weeks ago. I think if we were going to make new highs...we would have made them by now.

#14     Sep 29, 2007
  5. Marcell

Marcell

I assume you see a sharp drop then. What will happen to EUR/USD? Turmoil will set in on Thursday with ECB's decision on interest rates.

#15     Sep 29, 2007
  6. I do see a sharp decline. Fundamentally, I think they USD is trashed until the ECB meets. Then we'll see. Technically, 69 is the point where the market wakes up and realizes that the USD is as good as monopoly money if we keep this up.

ECB has a green light for a cut. However, I don't think they're gonna budge that easily (which is a good stance to take). They've gone through a lot to get their currency to where it is today and I dont think they're going to blow it all just because some idiots in the market can't get a fuckin clue. :)

#16     Sep 29, 2007
  7. I like the number 69 a lot too.
    Also, sentiment is crazy bullish as compared to before the Fed cut as measured by the vol indices.
    I thought last week would be down, but I guess end of quarter window dressing screwed that up. Still, the situation has not been corrected. So, next week, now that the fund managers had their chance to put up some halfway decent numbers for last quarter, will be it.
    I hope, anyway. But I've been wrong on a sustained basis before. Slumps probably come in threes, just like any other bad thing in life.

#17     Sep 29, 2007
  8. MKTrader

MKTrader

Interesting, but I'd have to see a lot more calls than this to prove anything. You certainly didn't predict a real disaster, which is what occured 2/27.

I'd like to see a nice pullback myself. With all the indices hitting resistance lately, month/quarter window-dressing over, earnings coming up, and probably more sub-prime bad news awaiting (October supposed to be record month for teaser-rate resets), we may see it. Still, I can't see your first post ("wierd [sic] stuff) and "call" on 2/26 as extremely compelling evidence of anything...

#18     Sep 29, 2007
  9. Don't forget, the dollar turning into toilet paper is GOOD for the market, because stocks increase in value via inflation. If a loaf of bread costs $10, GOOG will be $3K :eek: :eek: :eek:

#19     Sep 30, 2007
  10. Agree with Triple X.

With such a weak US$ a lot of money could potentially take this market to new highs from foreign investors with much stronger currencies.

Not to mention solid business from increased exportation.

Anek

#20     Sep 30, 2007