Marketing Systems

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pierson, Aug 21, 2005.

1. The offer to sell/lease your systems (Futures) and you can do it without releasing your IP, so your code is safe.

they have been doing that for quite some time (they have over 5000 active traders that are always looking for new systems.

think you 10% of their traders 500 times $200/month systems lease (for 2 contracts) =$100,000/month for leasing your systems

how does that sound???

#11     Aug 26, 2005
  2. pierson

pierson

thanks for the input iexpertadvisor, its very interesting to me how something like this would work as i know vertually nothing about it, how the hedge fund managers evaluate a system or what criteria they have is information i doubt most people know about.
    I can only think that if individual traders/investors learn more about how these guys are doing things it would most certainly help the independent market operators performance. Like someone posted before, if they have brainiacs working this stuff out for them there must be a logical reason they do things this way.

Thanks
    Pierson

#12     Aug 26, 2005
  3. A bit optimistic.

M

#13     Aug 26, 2005
  4. I think that 2% and a $100 a month is more realistic at least to begin with. That's still $10,000 a month and that's pretty good money.

BTW, what's IP? Intellectual Property?

#14     Aug 26, 2005
  5. The going rate is actually quite a bit higher (for systems with actual track records). I'm sure it depends on the firm, amount of capital they are trading, etc though.

#15     Aug 26, 2005

6. Yes,

IP=Intellectual Property

If a system is good (Profitable) then y only 2% The only obstacle that can be is if they trade liquid enough Markets.

you get 500 people trading 1000 lots each time (2 lots each)

the ES and other liquid markets can handle that easily , but try trying sending these sizes on a less liquid market ...... you are in for a surprise

#16     Aug 26, 2005