MarketDelta vs UpDn Tick

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by e-miNY, Sep 9, 2006.

1. #11     Sep 11, 2006
  2. Here was my LONG trade entry that you can see the initial "delta" shift positive and then the "delta" went negative. If you did not feel comfortable with the changed "delta" readings in this trade after entry, you had some time to get out at B/E............

http://www.charthub.com/images/2006/09/11/ES_317_VB_3.png

Here you can see the "delta" never broke the uptrend line from the days ES lows with some weak selling, and then again initiated buying (and forced SHORT covering) returned.........

http://www.charthub.com/images/2006/09/11/ES_317_VB_4.png

This LONG scalp trade worked out as the "delta" shifted back again to positive and the "stop" was never hit.

#12     Sep 11, 2006
  3. e-miNY

e-miNY

Mine UpDn tick is pretty close, wouldnt u think so? 5Pillar?

#13     Sep 11, 2006
  4. #14     Sep 11, 2006
  5. e-miNY

e-miNY

I like to use bar because it shows the total volume as well. See how the breakout at around 12 has the biggest net positive delta of the day as well as highest volume of the day? That's why i put a horizontal line there and that bar's low would become a good reference pt as we move forward.

But the crazy thing is, given what i said above, i went short. What an idiot not litsening to the fact?

#15     Sep 11, 2006
  6. e-miNY

e-miNY

Do u take profit until the day's delta brake the trend?
    I am wondering right now since there is probably only 1 to 2 real trend for the day, i am thinking i should stay long or short until the net delta trend for the day is broken.

#16     Sep 11, 2006
  7. e-miNY

e-miNY

Here is what a mean.

If u bought the breakout back above 0 on the day's delta today, u would have stayed long till the close.

There is never a time the delta dip below 0 again after 1200

#17     Sep 11, 2006
  8. feb2006

feb2006

5pillars and e-miNY
    you posted very interesting screenshots of MarketDelta screens. And you, 5Pillars, stated that MarketDelta needs a tick by tick data provider.

So I would like to know what's your data provider and what are your experiences during news times?

Are MarketDelta results still useful during news time even if tick data are delayed when coming von eSignal or crippled by snapshots when coming from IB?

Regards, Martin

#18     Sep 11, 2006
  9. e-miNY

e-miNY

There will be a big difference if u use snapshot data. The reason i have to write my own code is because i dont want to use IB's snapshot data. I used to have marketdelta, but it is kind of not accurate.

#19     Sep 11, 2006

10. I use Investor R/T's Volume Profile (market delta) and Market Profile tools and I have my Inv R/T fed with rock solid DTN.IQ feed.

I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc). I personally would not use IB feed for "market delta" charts when such solid tick-by-tick feeds are available at decent pricing.....just my $.02

Heck, even the currencies have zero lag on my charts at news releases as compared to my trade platform TT feed.....that is impressive to me.

#20     Sep 11, 2006