Market would have been up 100 if not for options

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Since I almost NEVER make macro calls like this, I think I'll rest on my laurels for awhile.

It came to me as a vision. Note the post was made friday afternoon, with no benefit of the pre market.

#11     Jul 24, 2006
  2. thanks, i have a few feeds.

i was talking about overall market volume. let me help you out, it's low.

high price + low volume + futures action premarket = sucker's rally. not only that but it shows someone, or groups, were manipulating the market up. the MMs and specilastis only have to backfill the price on the equities since the futures were bought up.

i really am a bull, but i'm also a lot less naieve then i used to be.

#12     Jul 24, 2006
  3. PS, theres nothing wrong with the volume today.

PSS Anyone that talks about the volume vs the price action , is , in most cases, clueless, and is simply trying to salve the pain of being 100% wrong footed.

I've seen it before.

I'll see it again.

PSSS My call has nothing to do with the market going forward, the call was ABOUT TODAY only.

#13     Jul 24, 2006
  4. thanks for the clairification. it that case, good call.

#14     Jul 24, 2006
  5. johnk49

johnk49

Yes,good call.Well done.

#15     Jul 24, 2006
  6. i want to make a call now too:

the trading range today is narrow as hell. pirce action is bad too.

today's gains will get sold off by thursday and we will be negative for the week.

as for the comment about gold telling us all is well - LOL. gold is manipulated by the central banks. look at oil instead. eventually the CBs won't be able to hold gold down and it will pop.

#16     Jul 24, 2006
  7. How on earth did u do that? :)

#17     Jul 24, 2006
  8. Some things are best left unrevealed. Spoils the majic.

#18     Jul 24, 2006
  9. Whats really funny is that of my many posts over the years, I don't think more than a very small handful have been calls of any kind.

Makes this one extra spooky.

Yeah, I ridiculed the GOOG bashers from 100-400, that was another one.

#19     Jul 24, 2006
  10. hey, im a believer already after today's action....the precision was surgical..so, tell me, r u also this good with women :) .. either way, i wanna backstage pass to your show my friend

@3:26pm
    DJIA +183.63
    NASDAQ +39.69

#20     Jul 24, 2006