Market Wizards III?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jmcgraw, Mar 30, 2001.

1. jmcgraw

jmcgraw

So, is it ever gonna happen? Is Schwager gonna give us another piece of candy? There have got to be some great stories to tell from the last 10 odd years since the last Wizard book.

He should also do a couple of chapters on "Where are they now?", regarding the old Wizards.

2. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

He already has. His new one is called "Stock Market Wizards: Interviews with America's Top Stock Traders"

I haven't finished it yet, but it has been good so far. I really liked the interview of Mark Cook.

I agree that it would be interesting to know what has happened to some of those traders in his previous books. I know Linda Bradford Rashke is still around, and Marty Schwartz talks about the downside of being included as a market wizard in his book "Pit Bull". And of course Robert (rtharp) is related to one of them, lol. Haven't heard much about the others.

Kirk

3. Thats the last thing we need. Another author writing a book about trading. I'll wait till one of the trading wizards actually writes a book thats gonna make me some money. I've read both of his previous books and i'll agree they were both entertaining. It seems like every book that
    has come out about trading in the last couple of years is comprised of inteviews with these self proclaimed trading
    geniuses. Enuff Enuff!!!

Sterling

4. jmcgraw

jmcgraw

Just checked on Amazon, and the reviews seem to indicate that it has definitely fallen way short of the previous two books. I'll wait till its in paperback...

And, Sterling, your right. I've avoided 90% of all books in the last couple of years. Its been mainly garbage. I've considered Schwager to have an extra little something in his interviews, unfortunately it looks like even he has lost it. (according to amazon's interviewers)

He should have probably waited another year or so to see who was still standing after this bear market.