Market Wizards 4 coming soon!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Mar 18, 2012.

1. continuation of ch. 3 for what not to say in prison after being busted bud fox style for insider trading...

"hey bro i've got a million shares of xom in the hole - can you fill me?

"do you think i should leg in?"

"wow - you're favorite stock is bjs too?"

"i'm really long right now"

"my virtual account isn't the only thing that's big"

#31     Apr 4, 2012
  2. Detailed description
    Hedge Fund Market Wizards will be a modern day sequel to the highly successful Market Wizards and New Market Wizards written over 20 years ago. These two earlier volumes have become classics in the investment literature and have been read by virtually every hedge fund manager, as well as by a much broader lay audience. This new volume in the series will follow the same effective formula used by its predecessors. The book will devote a chapter to each of a broad array of highly successful traders, ranging widely in the markets they trade and their methodologies, but sharing in their achievement of superior performance. Each chapter, following the original format, will include an introductory section, a core section based on an interview with the trader, and a conclusion section that seeks to draw useful trading and investment lessons illustrated by the trader's approach and advice.

From the contents
    Other Books (Jack D. Schwager)

Introduction

Part I: Macro Men

Chapter 1 Colm O'Shea: Knowing When It's Raining

Chapter 2 Ray Dalio: The Man Who Loves Mistakes

Chapter 3 Scott Ramsey: Low-Risk Futures Trader

Chapter 4 Jamie Mai: Seeking Asymmetry

Chapter 5 Jaffray Woodriff: The Third Way

Part II: Multi

Chapter 6 Edward Thorp: The Innovator

Chapter 7 Larry Benedict: Beyond Three Strikes

Chapter 8 Michael Platt: The Art and Science of Risk Control

Part III: Equity

Chapter 9 Steve Clark: Do more of What Works and Less of What Doesn't

Chapter 10 Martin Taylor: The Tsar Has No Clothes

Chapter 11 Tom Claugus: A Change of Plans

Chapter 12 Joe Vidich: Harvesting Losses

Chapter 13 Kevin Daly: Who Is Warren Buffett?

Chapter 14 Jimmy Balodimas: Stepping in Front of Freight Trains

Chapter 15 Joel Greenblatt: The Magic Formula

Conclusion 40 Market Wizard Lessons

Appendix 1 The Gain to Pain Ratio

Appendix 2 TITLE TK

Glossary

Acknowledgments

About the Author

Index

#32     Apr 5, 2012
  3. Wow, that's a value-add... cut/pasting the text from a link I provided a few days ago... "Takes all types," I guess.

#33     Apr 5, 2012

4. what a crock of crap.

rubber boots on as the bullshit gets deeper.

cheers,

s

#34     Apr 5, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

We finally got a book cover.

[​IMG]

Fascinating insights into the hedge fund traders who consistently outperform the markets, in their own words

From bestselling author, investment expert, and Wall Street theoretician Jack Schwager comes a behind-the-scenes look at the world of hedge funds, from fifteen traders who've consistently beaten the markets. Exploring what makes a great trader a great trader, Hedge Fund Market Wizards breaks new ground, giving readers rare insight into the trading philosophy and successful methods employed by some of the most profitable individuals in the hedge fund business.

A candid assessment of each trader's successes and failures, in their own words, the book shows readers what they can learn from each, and also outlines forty essential lessons—from finding a trading method that fits an investor's personality to learning to appreciate the value of diversification—that investment professionals everywhere can apply in their own careers.

Presents exclusive interviews with fifteen of the most successful hedge fund traders and what they've learned over the course of their careers

Includes interviews with Jamie Mai, Joel Greenblatt, Michael Platt, Ray Dalio, Colm O’Shea, Ed Thorp, and many more

Explains forty key lessons for traders

Joins Stock Market Wizards, New Market Wizards, and Market Wizards as the fourth installment of investment guru Jack Schwager's acclaimed bestselling series of interviews with stock market experts

Bringing together the wisdom of the true masters of the markets, Hedge Fund Market Wizards is a collection of timeless insights into what it takes to trade in the hedge fund world.

#35     Apr 11, 2012
  6. 0008

The fund of one of the guy in this book has collapsed!:D
    Another one in Stock Market Wizards were also in trouble. Schwager had removed him from the reprint of the book! :D

Although I enjoy reading this kind of books, it doesn't mean those guys are really good traders!

#36     Apr 11, 2012
  7. Ugly f'king cover. Looks like one of those 80's high school photo backdrops.

#37     Apr 11, 2012
  8. i like the cover and the books. Like many here, I prefered the first book.

#38     Apr 12, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Jack finally has the chapters listed on Amazon. You can read through the table of contents now to see the traders interviewed in the book.

#39     Apr 24, 2012
  10. great..one more fluff piece on trading I am not buying....
    P.S. it is a great idea on writing of HF managers who are always looking for business anyway. Michael Covel should sue him for idea plagiarism. It took a long time for Schwager to get the message... he is getting old, btw as big as an asshole Covel is he is a superb marketer and business man.

#40     Apr 25, 2012