Market Wizards 4 coming soon!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Mar 18, 2012.

1. I missed out on the third one, because of mixed reviews.

I loved the two first, though.

Most likely because he is comfortable being a loser.

#11     Mar 19, 2012
  2. luisHK

luisHK

:D

I'll definitely buy the new Schwager book - saw it on presale on Amazon as well - is it safer to preorder it ?

#12     Mar 26, 2012
  3. ELR

ELR

Market Wizards 1 and 2 were very good.

Althought in Market Wizards 1 there was some funny stuff. Like the trader called Mark Weinstein who never had losing days (I am paraphrasing, but it was some insane statements), etc, LOLOLOL.

Stock Market Wizards, quite weak. The managers basically gave perfunctory explanations about how they trade. Especially David Shaw. The majority of the David Shaw interview was Mr. Shaw saying in so many words, ¨sorry, I can´t tell you.¨

I hope the new one is a bit more insightful.

#13     Mar 26, 2012
  4. Tim Sykes is one of the traders. Dan Zanger and that Turtles guy as well. Can't wait!

#14     Mar 27, 2012
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Have you guys read "Hedge Funds story" from Steven Drobny? It was quite good IMO, same subject( Hedge fund traders ) and format( interviews ala Market Wizards).

#15     Mar 27, 2012
  6. heech

heech

I've had the opportunity to talk at length with Jack in recent weeks (he's working as a portfolio manager on a soon to launch FoF). I don't know how he "used" to be, but he certainly seems very, very sharp to me. He had a better understanding of my strategy, and asked far more insightful questions, than just about anyone else I've talked to over the past 3 years.

By the way, people can write great books on any topic, be it trading or baseball or art or warfare, without having to be master practitioners themselves.

#16     Mar 27, 2012
  7. Most hedge funds underperform the S&P and have higher fees/costs. Why would I want to emulate that?

#17     Mar 27, 2012
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Cool. Will we read your interview in it?...:)

#18     Mar 27, 2012
  9. heech

heech

Haha I wish. No one will pay to read an interview with me. I'll settle for an investment from his fund... :). Up in the air.

#19     Mar 27, 2012
  10. luisHK

luisHK

Drobny was praised recently in the "Global macro trading for a living " thread and I made a mental note to read some books from Drobny. Is it all global macro though, or more diversified like the Market Wizards books ?

#20     Mar 27, 2012