Market Wizards 4 coming soon!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Trend To mmo;
    Thanks.:cool:

Not a prediction, I may aim @ a July post on this book[Not a prediction:D ]

I am researching one mentioned ;
    Mr Scott Ramsey... 25 year'low risk'' trader...global discretion:cool:

1979, he bought gold, silver [at about $50]copper, with $1200 comission, from a WSJ ad.Good learning experience

I am still figuring his discretion is worth the price of the whole book;reguardless if he is related to Dave ''FOX'' Ramsey or not:cool:

#91     Jun 15, 2012
  2. Froglet

Froglet

Automatics don't get stupid like that. LOL

I mean, do you think they'll create these 7-gear manuals? LOL I think bmws have like freaking 8 speeds. LOLZ

#92     Jun 15, 2012
  3. <iframe width='640' height='360' src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/AqCOw-pja7E' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

#93     Jun 18, 2012
  4. =========
    t -mo-trend
    Based on your review[compared to firstJ Jack Schwager 2 or 3 top trader books] . And my mostly finished Scott Ramsey chapter. Its well worth the money. For example his use of 200dma....

But so far, the first 3 top trader books;
    are simply superior-partly better trends, but maybe better traders. also.William O Neil, thankfully mentioned the 200dma many years ago[one of Jack Schwagers 3 top trader b,ooks]

I like most any turtle trader read;
    but the name Russel '''Sands'' reminds me of the sand states real estate-
    real goofy trends/overbought, sand state trends in CA, Nevada..........
    Speaking of sand state trends,not all Nevada[silver state/sand state ]trends are goofy. I am stalking a good buy on Bunker Hunt silver supertrends. Its in he book ''Big Rich'':D

#94     Jul 5, 2012
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I have just finished it... Kind of a good read although I preferred the first two, the second being the best to me...The interviews of the Ritchie brothers, Blair Hull and the Susquehanna founder inspired me so much at the time, I am still trying to follow their low risk, high volume, extended instruments coverage path...

In this one, I found an increasing number of "empty" interviews. I was waiting for Dalio's one and I can't remember one thing of it except the usual "Everybody at Bridgewater can tell me whenever they disagree with me"(Wow...Cool. Who cares? ). Same thing for Jaffrey Woodriff, Scott Ramsey and a lot of the Value Investing guys...

The only ones that stand out were :
    -Ed Thorp, with an interesting coverage of his methods( stat arb, use of BS model on warrants before it was known, trend following with fundamental element...) and some "funny" stuff about his life( black jack, trial with government...).
    -Jamie Mai. Michael Lewis portrayed him as a wannabe HF manager in the "big short", but the guys at Cornwall sounds a lot more interesting than Lewis and his OTC screw-the-client years at Salomon. Every one of their trades is interesting.
    -David Clark. Interesting life in general.

#95     Feb 4, 2013