Market to Crash: Bush Will Back Greenspan for Another Fed Term

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DisciplinedHedg, Apr 22, 2003.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

People fall asleep because Economics is boring.......Greenspan is just fine, he can't make the economy improve. Can't shoot the bearer of the news......

#11     Apr 22, 2003
  2. Tacsian

Tacsian

The word on the street is that this might be a 2-watermellon meeting. Observers took special note of the angle at which Gallagher was holding his mallet as he ascended the steps into the Federal Rerserve meeting. Noted Fed watchers admit that while Gallagher knows nearly nothing about economic policy, that lack of qualification has rarely stopped people from rising to positions of power in the U.S. And as one put it: "At least no one falls asleep with a guy looking like that smashing watermellons 4 feet away from you."

#12     Apr 22, 2003
  3. Mecro

Mecro

No Economics are not really boring, unless you are talking nonsense, which is exactly what Greenspan does. I do not know whether he has a clue of what he is talking about or just spouting out nonsense because he does not want to tell everyone what really is up.

I can understand average Joe Schmoe falling asleep, but these were people in his staff, live on TV that could not keep their eyes open because he droned on and on for like an hour about god knows what. We were cracking up though

This was like 2 months ago on CNBC.

#13     Apr 22, 2003
  4. greenspan is an objectivist--- a follower of ayn rand's philosophy. i can think of no better concept to oversee the free markets. greenspan ROCKS !

best,

surfer:)

#14     Apr 22, 2003
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Totally Agree. The critics are idiots. Like JNPR would be $250 if the easing had started 6 months earlier.

#15     Apr 22, 2003
  6. Surf,

I don't know what is more funny.

Greenspan, a central banker, being a follower of Ayn Rand.

Or

Greenspan writing an essay in Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal about all the benefits of the gold standard. I am not kidding you should read it. He basically bashes central banking and says that we should be on the gold standard. Of course I do happen to agree with him on the gold standard monetary system.

I guess ego takes precedant over following your beliefs.

The whole idea of a central bank is terrible and it should be abolished. IMO :D

Eric

#16     Apr 22, 2003
  7. Was there news that Bush said he would reaapoint Greenspan? I can't see that happening. The Bush family despises Greenspan and blames him for costing Bush 41 the election. He didn't endear himself with his comments on tax cuts earlier this year either. I smell a behind the scenes deal where Bush makes a gesture to reassure everyone and let Greenspan leave with his head held high, then Greenspan declines reappointment for health reasons.

#17     Apr 22, 2003
  8. sounfs right to me...but if it don't work out that bush can make it look good greenboy probably makes it another term...then again, does he want that? could be he is not so stupid that he doesn't see the economy's best years are over for a while and knows he won't be knighted again any time soom

#18     Apr 22, 2003
  9. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

maybe someone more like volcker... lol... greenie's going to be there for some time...

#19     Apr 23, 2003
  10. How many times did the raelliens clone him :D

#20     Apr 23, 2003