Market timing is unnecessary

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by mrmarket, Oct 29, 2003.

1. I'm not plugging my website. I promised Baron I would not do it. People have asked about my trading record and I advised where they could get more info. I won't be putting up any links, etc.
    I respect the ET community and enjoy discussing ideas with some of its members.

#51     Oct 30, 2003
  2. fair enough...and i did notice there were no more links.

#52     Oct 30, 2003
  3. TM is a decent guy since you call em as you see em.

#53     Oct 30, 2003
  4. Interestingly your reply to my post was just a statement defending your record that I never attacked.

My post was just the wonderment that someone of your caliber would bother posting messages regularly to lessor traders like most of us here are. Why do you post here anyway? You just get attacked and smacked around. Do you wonder why?

Do you have something to sell us? Are you trying to educate us and spread the word so we all can have returns like you? Is this an ego thing that you bask in?

I also wonder how many shares you trade in these stocks. With a 90% W/L ratio, does not the Kelly and Monte Carlo formulas show that you can vastly increase size therefore profits? You could quickly parlay gains to a mega meat and cheese "I am huge" portfolio. Or are you just trading a cheesy 50 shares with a Schwab account during lunch hour? What sort of size are we talking here anyway?

#54     Oct 30, 2003
  5. I like discussing investing ideas. I don't know why I get attacked, but I really don't mind. It's all rather harmless fun.

I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm smart enough to know that I can learn something from everyone. Sometimes this is reciprocal although not many of you seem to want to admit that.

I invest enough money in the stock market that I can safely afford to lose completely.

I hope that answers your very good questions.

#55     Oct 30, 2003
  6. ... No advertising on Baron's board.

I've had several complaints about Mrmarkets self promotion. This time it seems pretty clean, but let's stay focused on strategies.

#56     Oct 30, 2003
  7. I think what happens is that people are so amazed by my trading success that somehow they view it as self-promotion. I'm merely reporting my trades...something that is done hundreds of times a day in this forum.

By the way, I sold JBSS yesterday which was a 20% gain in only 6 days (1235% annualized gain). Can you do that??

#57     Oct 31, 2003

8. That's my 41st consecutive profitable trade of 15% or better.

#58     Oct 31, 2003
  9. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

WITH MY AMAZING SYSTEM...........YOU TO COULD TURN 1000 into MILLIONS.

HEY, HOW DID YOU DO THAT? WHAT RETIRE ALREADY? YEA, HOW DID YOU DO IT" WHY ITS CHANNELING STOCKS.COM BOB.

"LILLY COULD YOU COME IN HERE PLEASE" "HEY LILLY BEAN" "MOMY DADY IS HOME"

BWHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAA

:D :D Gota love MRMARKETS post...... CNBC quality....

#59     Oct 31, 2003

10. You know,...I have to say that at this point , all the harping on the 'open positions' is becoming a moot point...i mean you have been nailing it consistently over the last six months, but here's an interesting thought: why not close those losers out and put them into a fresh stock with some potential? its wasted capital right now

#60     Oct 31, 2003