Market timing is unnecessary

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by mrmarket, Oct 29, 2003.

1. why are you always so mean to me, I was never mean to any of you.

#11     Oct 29, 2003
  2. gnome

gnome

Awwwwwwww.....

#12     Oct 29, 2003
  3. yeah,

Buy and Hold, wow.... original

#13     Oct 29, 2003
  4. pspr

pspr

Investing is unnecessary. Just cash your paychecks and put your money under your matress. If my Dad had just kept all the money he made in one dollar silver certificates I would be rich now!

#14     Oct 29, 2003
  5. mBear

mBear

If your selection techniques can identify with consistency the stocks that will outperform, they should be able to identify the stocks that will underperform. Then, forget all market timing by only spread trading the stocks in pairs in the same industry group (e.g. buy Dell, sell Gateway short).

Not a new idea, but must be a pretty boring way to make money because you don't hear much about it. Probably not too many that can identify both the winners and loosers with consistency.

#15     Oct 29, 2003
  6. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

i just gota laugh at this one:D

#16     Oct 29, 2003
  7. As you can see by the trades posted on my website, I have 40 consecutive profitable closed trades of 15% or better since January 2002.

Of my last 50 trades, 45 have been winners and only 5 have been losers.

This strategy, quantitative momentum investing, seems to make sense in both theory and practice. So why are you all being so critical?

#17     Oct 29, 2003
  8. gms

gms

Might I make a suggestion? I just read your post on another thread where you state you trade your brother's IRA and that he's "up 60% this year". Why don't you post similarly for yourself? That is to say, you're always with the '40 consecutive winners of 15% or better since jan 02', so why not calculate the value of the losing positions as of current value into the mix as well as the current wins, and present the results in a similar fashion for the year as you've done for your brother? How are you doing this year, beginning from a starting value around Jan 03, when you factor in all positions win or lose? There are people here doing worse than you, and people here doing better than you, and one of these groups won't be caring what you post anyway. But I tell you what, if you can present your returns in the manner I suggest, I think it may find more acceptance, and perhaps some respect, from both camps. Of course, references to meats and cheeses and biceps and belittling, arrogant posts will only undermine and trash anything of any value you may have, you know.

#18     Oct 29, 2003
  9. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

As you can tell, once again, another ET member trading parttime while he/she works a 9 to 5 making great gains and mastering the market.

LOL

#19     Oct 29, 2003
  10. All of my trades are documented on my homepage and the associated returns are listed.

#20     Oct 30, 2003