Market System of Operation

Discussion in 'Journals' started by llIHeroic, Dec 19, 2013.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I want to say thanks to Heroic for initiating this thread, and of course to Jack for obliging.

I've done a psuedo-study on my own terms and have extracted and implemented certain aspects of SCT into my daily trading. Seeing this is the beginning of the training, plus I'll be home for the holidays, 20 days it is. Doing the LTM work too! Already, the last few posts from Jack have filled in a gaping knowledge hole.

Anyway, I mostly just lurk on ET; not much posting. If you have direct comments or questions for me post or PM. I'll be around.

Steve

#31     Dec 20, 2013
  2. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

Thank you for your support and participation Steve. I am sure your assistance will be greatly valued.

Here is the current list of vocabulary. It is recommended that participants transfer these to note-cards in order to engage in the transference process, and to build connections between the concepts we will continue to learn as we go forward.

If anyone notices any mistakes or improvements that can be made, please let me know. I tried to create nice formatting for the glossary but it was not working so the text file will have to suffice.

Edit: The formatting continues to be a problem. I am going to screenshot the glossary and upload it as an image so that it can be easily readable.

#32     Dec 20, 2013
  3. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

Here is a PDF of the Glossary.

#33     Dec 20, 2013
  4. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

There are three questions I encountered when logging [12-16]. I will hold off on posting more questions than that.

Bar 7 [12-16] : Stitch B is Lat3 because it is considered an internal case, even though the high of bar 5 is exceeded?

#34     Dec 21, 2013
  5. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

Lateral Sequence Beginning Bar 21 [12-16] : What is the proper way to carry out UL during longer laterals? We track the current largest volume bar in the lateral, and only assign it after confirmed Lateral BO since a Lateral is technically supposed to be one squished bar? Or does Retro kill UL sequence?

#35     Dec 21, 2013
  6. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

Bar 58 [12-16] : Creates a Stitch R with the squished FBP, so label as Lateral 3? Then Bar 59 and 60 are Lat 4 and 5 because the bounds of the lateral became bigger with the Stitch R and they are inside it?

--

I will attempt to do Volume Test Procedure after all five days have been examined, and I will post my questions about Volume Test Procedure at that time.

#36     Dec 21, 2013
  7. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

My take..

It is Stitch B. The high of Bar 7 negates Bar 5 from being the "containing" LAT1 as 3 bars (minimum) are required for a LAT to be decided. But more importantly, Bar 5 is an XB, not an internal case.

#37     Dec 21, 2013
  8. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I've attached my ES chart with Heroics questions bars marked to help others who may be following along.

#38     Dec 21, 2013
  9. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I show Bar 58 as OB-R.

#39     Dec 21, 2013
  10. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

Thank you for your response. I was just about to leave my work space for the night.

Two Things:

1. Upon further review, I think you are correct, and Stitches do not trigger lateral annotation if a two bar internal precedes them. With this in mind, I also see Bar 58 as OB now. I was using the squished bar, but I think that I have had a misunderstanding of how to correctly do that, especially in regards to the UL function.

I still need clarification on how to navigate the UL function in these cases, but if we go back to the price cases pictures for lateral, the first bar always bounds the following two. I just wasn't sure since Stitches are slightly abnormal internal cases that can still trigger WAIT and UL, and I was initially thinking that two consecutive WAIT cases would trigger lateral even with a Stitch.

2. We must have had a mis-communication about Bar 5. We are in agreement that it is XB. However, I was under the impression that all laterals and internal cases began with a translation bar or an outside bar, but now I think from our discussion that stitches can also begin them.

I drew an example of our discussion, it is attached below. However, I am still uncertain about how the UL function correctly plays out in these scenarios.

--

If anyone has any of the five logged days which they would like to compare with me, just post your page and I will post mine. Aside from the re-occurring questions that I have already asked, I feel that the large majority of my logs are recorded correctly.

*Edit for clarification and better explanation of my thoughts.

#40     Dec 21, 2013