Market starting to bet on 100bps cut for next meeting

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Daal, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Joab

Joab

Your 100% right but that's the American way so why should things be different now.

My girlfriend always criticizes my sex drive but I always remind her that if it weren't for men having strong sex drives most of us would not be here right now.

#11     Jan 20, 2008
  2. Daal

Daal

125bps bet should start soon

#12     Jan 21, 2008
  3. Ben is a conservative. He will only cut 50 bps at the most.

#13     Jan 21, 2008
  4. Fed would look more stupid than ever if they cut 1 week before the scheduled meeting, especially when Bernanke said he wanted to "improve transparency and communication aspects" of Fed policy.

#14     Jan 21, 2008
  5. Daal

Daal

I think there is a chance they do a double dip

#15     Jan 21, 2008
  6. What ever cut will come next, it will NOT change a thing. The market will go correct itself. All these cut will just temporary lift the market. So what would happen when they can cut no more? Cut to a negative rate? So people have to pay the US to own the dollars?

#16     Jan 21, 2008
  7. bgp

bgp

even if he cuts the rate 100bp what is that going to solve? maybe some dumbshit thinking all our problems are over. in a couple weeks the market will take out the low we make on tuesday. this problem will take a long time to unwind, just like gnome said. i think the FED. better save there bullets for the insurance co. defaults. another point is our dollar goes down it will cost consumers more to buy chinese products. this is a catch 22. THE FED AND GOV. AND GEORGE NEED TO KEEP THERE NOSE OUT OF THE MARKET, THEY (F) EVERYTHING UP.

bgp

#17     Jan 21, 2008
  8. Even at 50 bp we get a short covering rally and then tank again

#18     Jan 21, 2008
  9. I love it! Currency renting!

#19     Jan 21, 2008
  10. How do you know? Let's see the price action first before we make predictions will we?

#20     Jan 21, 2008