market selloff

Discussion in 'Trading' started by doug456, Jan 21, 2004.

1. doug456

doug456

does anyone else here feel were in the beginning of a market selloff? after 8 weeks of gains, it just seems to me that the momentum has run out

2. I'm with you on this one.

I'm looking to scale in on my nq shorts.

3. There probably will be lots of wideways movement for a while before any kind of sell off.

4. Well seasonally wouldnt we expect a sell off in march or april

5. Yes, huge selloff coming. Still time to get short. Bubble has only gotten bigger over the last 8 weeks. Those of you with any money left - now's the time. I am absolutely certain you will be right soon. This nonsense can't go on longer than 8 weeks. That's just crazy retail running this market up - you're pros - nail em now.

Geo.:p

6. ig0r

ig0r

This shit is still going on, "absolutely certain"? Come on man, how can you be absolutely certain about anything, this is the market...

7. jem

jem

geo was being sarcastic, the key was the "absolutely certain", "you pros" and the the smiling emoticon.

8. lindq

lindq

I count this as the 56th ET prediction of a market selloff in the last 90 days. Eventually...someone will be right and will experience what I call the Elaine Garzarelli phenom. One right call in 1987 and she is a hero for at least a decade.

Let's just hope and pray that it isn't Mr. Market. We'll never hear the end of it.

Get real. Have you seen the earnings numbers this week? Any softness is going to be met with new buying. And that is as it should be.

9. as long as traders think a top is in is as long as the mkt can go up...remember this "buying begets buying". Wait for the trend change to put out shorts....unless you have the cap to burn :D

10. ig0r

ig0r

Damn, I need more sleep

#10     Jan 21, 2004