Market Reversal

Discussion in 'Options' started by SmithTheTrader, Mar 16, 2009.

1. rluser

rluser

I cannot resist: he is flying by the seat of his pants.

#11     Mar 16, 2009
  2. spindr0

spindr0

Where's the stick ??? :)

My two cents is to ride the mommentum not bet the guess.

#12     Mar 17, 2009
  3. I just figured Smith wanted to have some real dialog and since he indicated he had some how calculated some real data he would want to discuss it. It appears he is excellent at saying he got short after we all saw the market reverse course and then took a shot at guessing a down market for today. Sorry I thought maybe he was actually doing some interesting statistical work.

#13     Mar 17, 2009
  4. Today should have been profit-taking time. The selling is surprisingly subdued. Perhaps this afternoon.

There's an outside chance oil and copper are indicating a bottom to this recession.

#14     Mar 17, 2009
  5. Smith you still working with those probabilities?

#15     Mar 17, 2009

6. To be honest, the only thing that really worry me today is the last minute leap in the overall market, I could be wrong but so what, trading is the probability game and you have to accept you won't win everytime. :p

I am still hold on the bear position as it haven't hit my stop loss yet..:D

#16     Mar 17, 2009
  7. Dont worry no one expected you to get stopped out unless the market was a run away frieght train.

Its the internet every can hold bad paper for days and weeks and then onlyget stopped out for a small loss or small profits. As soon as the market turns their favor they love to dance around the board and pat themselves on the back.

#17     Mar 17, 2009

8. My initial intention for this thread (in yesterday) is to find out what others in here think about the market- bear, bull or neutral, this is all.

Honestly, i don't care too much what others look at me, the money is mine and I have every freedom to do anything I like (and I survive in this trading business for more than 10 years now), why should I dance around ? I am not coming over here to get a pat or selling anything. :D

#18     Mar 17, 2009
  9. Been trading 10 years as a retail trader just using options to leverage directional bets in the market?

#19     Mar 17, 2009

10. :eek:

#20     Mar 17, 2009