Market refuses to go down

Discussion in 'Trading' started by detective, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Did you at all look at the fact that trillions of dollars are being printed for "stimulus" and saving the financial system? This is also happening across the world.

Just curious what your take is on that with your research.

#21     Aug 27, 2009
  2. Split adjusted, AIG was at $425 on Aug 29, 2008. 1 year later, it is trading at $48.

Does this sound like an inflated stock?
    AIG has absolutely been killed, the stock had a 1 to 20 reverse split, otherwise this stock would be trading under $2.50 right now. Would traders be so eager to short a stock trading at $2.50?

#22     Aug 27, 2009
  3. THE MARKET WON'T GO DOWN BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT WON'T LET IT GO DOWN!

Also, money market funds are paying next to nil. What else is there to invest in? Treasury notes, the dollar? Hahahahahahaha

#23     Aug 27, 2009
  4. They did it with all sorts of financial institutions, car makers, etc., before.

#24     Aug 27, 2009
  5. kashirin

kashirin

now temperature in New York in 80s. Would you bid it will be in 100s in 6 months? Economy is improving right?

AIG is a bankrupt company which will never in our lives will be able to repay 180 bln
    I think it's enough to assume fair price for AIG is zero
    presplit, post split, economy is improving or not, more bailout or less, doesn't matter - their fair fundamental price is zero

#25     Aug 27, 2009
  6. Anaconda, you think the same thing happening to AIG today could happen to gold and the miners some day?:)

#26     Aug 27, 2009
  7. FB123

FB123

Maybe so. During the dot com days there were lots of companies with incredibly stupid business plans, no revenue, no profits, and no hope in hell of ever being successful that had valuations in the billions. And they kept going up. Just because the fundamentals say that something is worthless, doesn't mean that it won't murder you if you try to short it. I always just watch the chart and try to read market sentiment to determine when the idiots are done buying.

#27     Aug 27, 2009
  8. Very true. Tough to fight Banana Ben here. He's shooting dollars with reckless abandon. They are finding their way into the stock market, just ride the wave.

The rally is not gonna stop until Banana Ben gets fired or oil hits $300/barrel and mass hysteria and public revolt ensues over hyperinflation.

I venture to guess that we will close in the green today, make it 8 in a row for the Dow! Joltin Joe Dimaggio has nothing on this market, maybe we can reach 56 straight up days in a row. Banana Ben would love that! He's going to be enshrined into the Hall of Fame. LMAO.

#28     Aug 27, 2009
  9. kashirin

kashirin

I don't encourage shorting of those stocks
    Even PUTs are not good idea as they are very expensive
    Shorts will be burnt, longs will be burnt

Stocks like AIG and VG must be avoided
    better visit Vegas - there are more chances to win than gambling those stocks

#29     Aug 27, 2009
  10. FB123

FB123

Any stock or index that is moving is ripe for making profits if you know how to do it. On the other hand, if you don't know how to read a chart or read momentum, then yes, it is gambling. Of course I would never hold anything like AIG overnight - that is just asking for trouble.

#30     Aug 27, 2009