Market Profile

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Lorl, Oct 21, 2007.

1. MichaelB

MichaelB

Reavor wrote,

"Yeah definitely not saying the tools from TradeMaven are worthless ...just that you can find similar solutions for MUCH cheaper. Damn those fees are ridiculously and I mean RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. They just offer tools, which like I said, you can get a similar solution for much cheaper."

Could you detail the "similar solutions "
    that you use , , that provide these tools
    at a "MUCH cheaper" price.

If that is possible..........

Thanks in advance.
    Michael B

#21     Jun 15, 2008
  2. Joab

Joab

The most mature post I've ever seen you write.

:cool:

#22     Jun 15, 2008
  3. They have some other cool tools as well, they even have (or had) a calc that will create a custom MP for you.

Scary info on Trademaven, but as many spam PM's and emails they send (here and elsewhere), it doesn't surprise me someone would eventually get burned for the unscrupulous marketing tactics they use.

Bottom line is folks, if someone doesn't actually trade...don't pay them to teach you how to trade. Don't fall for the hype.

#23     Dec 13, 2008
  4. boid-dog

boid-dog

I have been using MP for a few years. I began with the cisco-futures.com short course. Don Jones has been around since MP inception and between the free information and access to Don you will learn the concept. After the course I still did not have a 'method' with which I could apply what I had learned. I disagree with the poster who suggested reading Steidlemayer's book--you can get a free trial to cisco-futures and read Don's.

Since that time I have learned some techniques--and they involve the levels which are near the value areas. Briefly, the market will go through then return and rotate higher or it will reject and return to the mean or POC. In my opinion the extremes are more important; either the market rejects them or moves through them and finds a new place to rotate I use Ninja Trader with the Fin-Alg add on, which is about $300 for lifetime license. No cbot fees and it allows splitting and merging intraday or daily profiles. The best moves, I believe, come from moving out of a 3-5 day merge. You can also look at a single day against the merged days, weeks or months. The low volume areas stand out. It is just a matter of refining your entries and taking profit.

It really isn't much more difficult than that. If you know how to trade a major level or pivot it's pretty simple. If not learn to read order book. You can use a very low time frame chart; e.g. 20 tick in ES. Or maybe CCI etc. for entry.

Good Luck.

($500 please...just kidding)

#24     Dec 25, 2008