Market Panics Over Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wareco, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Cutten

Cutten

Lol, too true.

#41     Oct 24, 2008
  2. Cutten

Cutten

I agree. George Bush and Alan Greenspan have done more to damage free market capitalism than anyone since Karl Marx. The Neocons have made the GOP unelectable for the next 8 years.

This has been the political equivalent of Seppuku. Entirely self-inflicted. That's what happens when you elect a provincial intellectual dwarf as your Presidential candidate.

#42     Oct 24, 2008
  3. And yet they want more punishment with Sarah Palin. I wish someone would ask McCain why since he decries W so much did he make the Alaskan female version of him his VP choice. It's disturbing. I can't wait till she is back in Alaska. She is like nails on a chalkboard to me

#43     Oct 24, 2008
  4. Actually, Carter replaced Burns with G William Miller. After nearly 2 years of failed Fed policy, Miller was replaced with Volcker.

Just correcting the record.

By the way, I think it's clear that the market is in the process of discounting an Obama election. A solidly Democratic government will not be bullish for the stock market. But I would imagine we go down until after the election, and then attempt an oversold rally.

OldTrader

#44     Oct 25, 2008
  5. noitast_feich

Looks like oktiri using multiple posts to talk to himself.

He learned these tactics at the feet of his buddah, the Honorable Obsama Hussein Bomber.

Get ready for the removal of Obsama from the ticket.

McCain in a walkover.

#45     Oct 25, 2008
  6. Interesting consideration, Mr. 777 ... maybe everyone who registered after May of 2001 should be viewed with suspicion ...

Old Trader, I appreciate the cleanup ... maybe we'll see if the conventional logic re: the Pres and Congress being of the same party holds ...

#46     Oct 25, 2008
  7. Yes, the economic turmoil has been unfortunate for the Republicans, but historians will view the announcement of Palin as McCain's running mate as the beginning of the end of their '08 campaign.

Too bad for Palin. I kind of like her, given what she is.

#47     Oct 25, 2008
  8. Obama is well known for hanging out in a trader's form. very bright 777, keep up the good work.

#48     Oct 25, 2008
  9. Sad but true...
    many Americans cannot possibly envision a black (half black) president. Add to that a little race baiting by the McCain ticket and you might have enough of a racist shift...

#49     Oct 25, 2008