Market order to sell never executed

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Aaron Copland, Sep 19, 2008.

1. I bought 200 shares of DIA yesterday @ 106.05. I enterder a sell market when we shot up to 116.00 at the cash open.

My order was held, and never executed, I could not cancel or anything. Well it finaly executed 20 minutes later @ 113.60.

I thought for a moment they really were not allowing sell period. This market is fucked up.

2. What broker ?

3. axehawk

axehawk

4. Wells Fargo

5. I bought 200 shares of DIA yesterday @ 106.05. I enterder a sell market when we shot up to 116.00 at the cash open.
    ----------------------------

I sometimes get the impression that the numbers we see don't apply to us. We enter an order and it travels into a black hole.

6. Aren't there ECNS to hit? I trade futs so I don't know for sure but am thinking you could have clipped out on ecns much higher.

7. I had 250 of DDM bought yesterday at 53ish and tried to close at 61 today. Broker refused. Broker is Bank of America (whose platform sucks ass). It said I had to call it in. Of course, I called in and waited for about 45 minutes before someone got on and DDM fell back under 60.

That's what I call shitty service.