Market noise

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gifropan, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Seeing it is the key to understanding it. If you can't see it, you can't deal with it.

#11     Jun 9, 2010
  2. ProfLogic, you obviously are no mathematician. The first step to understanding price action is acepting that there is NO noise.

#12     Jun 9, 2010
  3. BSAM

BSAM

If anyone wants to experience noise, look at today's chart, so far. Or, of course, you could just listen to some rap. Whichever you prefer.

#13     Jun 9, 2010
  4. My chart shows an artful, graceful dance with support and resistance changing partners. Frequent reversals are not noise. A typical "take your money" day.

#14     Jun 9, 2010
  5. BSAM

BSAM

My chart apparently dances to a different beat than yours. My charts dance to ZZ Top. We like to rock. The early part of this day certainly was anything but rockin'. Uh huh huh huh...

#15     Jun 9, 2010
  6. I learned very quickly the only math that was relevant to consistently profitable outcomes in trading was logic.

It is impossible to apply any form of math application to time charts with any consistent results without the use of a supercomputer and even then the outcomes or solutions will be constantly changing. The key words there are "impossible" and consistent" just to clarify my position. Many people argue with me on this position but I can prove my point using logic where they can't prove their opinion using any amount of math.

I await your response so I can prove my point.

#16     Jun 9, 2010
  7. Wow, that's profound. Did you learn that in college?

#17     Jun 9, 2010
  8. BSAM, I would have thought that "California Dreamin' " would have been more appropriate. Don't get me wrong. I hate days like this and refuse to trade them. Like the punchline from my favorite Little Johnny joke: "Fuck 'em! Don't give 'em any!"

#18     Jun 9, 2010
  9. "I learned very quickly the only math that was relevant to consistently profitable outcomes in trading was logic."

Exhausted the limits of your arithmetic skills, I guess.

#19     Jun 9, 2010
  10. Frequent reversals aren't noise, that is correct but the outcomes of those support and resistance oscillations will either generate a smooth flow of information or erratic consolidation, aka noise.
    Nice trades in the Euro futures today, was it your money I took?

No offense, just kidding.

#20     Jun 9, 2010