Market Monk

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by cornholetrading, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sounds like he goes horizontal, not sure if he does it alone or with his GF

#11     Jun 30, 2005
  2. The underlying concept of "continuous participation" should encourage people to step back from the trees, allowing them to have a better look at the trees. This is good.

Literal interpretation of "always being in the market" might encourage over-trading, which often adversely affects results. By understanding that "continuous participation" in its proper form could reduce trade turnover, this approach has merit.

#12     Jun 30, 2005
  3. Absolutely agree. One must understand "what" keeps a person in a trade over a longer period of time first and that is not an easy occurrence to determine. Traders overtrade and over analyze the markets regularly. Successful swing and position traders have learned over time what is necessary but daytraders need to learn that the same occurrences interday should be the same when played out on longer term charts. Self verification, patience and consistency after that should bear fruit.

#13     Jun 30, 2005
  4. #14     Jun 30, 2005
  5. I agree with what you said earlier about most traders overanalyzing the market. IT seems the simpler it is the better it works many times.

Who is Ron Hudson?

#15     Jun 30, 2005
  6. I agree.

Ron is just a programmer (www.ronhudson.com) who tried to get into trading by offering websites to traders. Monk was an early associate.

#16     Jun 30, 2005
  7. Do you know Monk?

His website and his email replies to me have all been very impressive in terms of their understanding of trading.

#17     Jun 30, 2005
  8. That may be the case, but please dont tell me you actually believe those trading results he posted. The idea that someone could run up $8million in 23 days trading the ES is pretty much absurd.

#18     Jun 30, 2005

9. That is interesting because someone on another thread had a way different experience it sounds like. Here is his post.

#19     Jun 30, 2005
  10. So far it sounds like not that many people have either tried this method of trading or have had success with it.

#20     Jun 30, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.