Market Monk(ey)

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by floortradr542, Apr 2, 2006.

1. I THOUGHT it was a nice thing to tell someone that he could get a better system than this obvious shell game for free on the internet ...

:confused: ... Please see above

I agree with you 100% on that point bro, but if you will remember, he said it was his greed at wanting 10 pts per day ES (as if), that led him to even give the guy his money, soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the real lesson here is "control your greed", timeless.

Bwha ha hahahahahah, now THAT depends on which 100 you read ...:)

Best,

Jimmy

#11     May 19, 2006
  2. After 2 months, I finally get some response.

The creation of this thread was two-fold: one, a warning to others. His name is Market Monk a.k.a. David Hillard Pearson.

And the second was self-flaggelation. Whipping myself for being dumb. Knowing a thread like this would attract self-righteous people like Jimmy Jam. And if Jimmy thinks reading posts on here would make one a better trader, well then, we know that HE certainly has a long way to go.

I also learned that EVERYTHING in life is negotiable. I am damn proud of myself for not losing 10K to monk. And anything relating to my trading business, I make sure I pay the price I want, not the price they ask.

Nothing in the markets is ever priced at its true worth. The key is to find its real value and get it for much much less. Same in the real world. As painful as that lesson was, I learned that my cash is very valuable and to not just throw it at anyone or anything.

#12     May 19, 2006
  3. $10K for a trading course? I'd want to see verifiable account records from a reputable broker before forking over any money. And even then I wouldn't pay it all up front....

It starts out with an interest in trading and maybe a few magazines and books. But then you realize that none of them really help, so maybe you take seminars or courses where someone tells you how easy it is to make oodles. Or buy software and services that show you green lights and red lights...

I guess it is all about paying dues. Studying market behaviour is the hard work, and nobody can do it for you. Even a good system may be untradeable by you because you cannot take the signals for whatever reason. Better to spend the time and money custom tailoring your own suit, rather than trying to fit into someone else's clothes.

#13     May 19, 2006
  4. :confused: Wait, you don't see the wealth of information for free on this thread?#!!!!?, what you'd rather pay thousands of dollars?##!!????, and you are telling me that I have a long way to go? OOOKAY!:D

... ah come on, tell the truth, YOU SAW THE 10 PTS A DAY ON THE ES AND YOU STARTED SALIVATING!

Whatever man, good luck to you.

So, how's it going with the 9 screens ... :p

You were (and still remain) a MARK

Um, regards,

Jimmy

#14     May 19, 2006
  5. Alright Jimmy. I concur. After the market monk fiasco, I took a hard look at my life and for most of it I have been a fool. Intelligent enough to see the implications, but dumb enough not to know better.

My greed did get the better of me. I fell for his blog for one reason: He thought of the exact plan I did, only his method claimed to work. I saw a lonely man looking to increase his "empire". He wanted 10K upfront and the trader in me said that was too much risk, even for the promise of 100K.

I have been part of ET now for about 1 year. I have only been posting for a few months. I have read and studied the threads I am interested in. Scanning and scanning and scanning some more. Real traders are too busy profiting to hang out in these forums. The others are academics or wild theorists.

Slowly but surely a plan of action has come to me. It is all my own pieced together from many sources. If I cannot make a go of trading from the plan I have, then I am not cut out to be a trader.

Good trading is like great sex. There are techniques and strategies one may be aware of or know. But there are some things one has to do for himself.

This business will rob the lazy and incompetent. I'd like to think that my capital has outlasted my learning curve.

#15     May 20, 2006
  6. I do not have 9 screens. Monk trades with 9 screens. I paid for market calls (which were virtually non existent) and information. I wanted to know exactly how he trades. In some ways, that is exactly what I got.

#16     May 20, 2006
  7. i thot i heard u sayin' u proud for not losin' ten grand, am i havin' auditory allucinations[?]
    did u or did u not fall for da scam..[?]

#17     May 20, 2006
  8. You can read Bitstream. But you sure can't type worth a crap.

He fell for 1/2 of the scam. Go re-read it again.

Unless your reading is as poor as your typing...:confused:

Try using the spellchecker. Your posts are terrible.

An i ent the 1st un to sa this abut yu...:p

bi the wey, ya sound like ya all com frum New orlean or sumpthin...

True or not True?

(hek, ma be he is B.B. King's lon los cusin or sumpthin)...:D

#18     May 20, 2006

9. Better to be a MARK than a DICK...:p

#19     May 20, 2006
  10. Well, it looks like Version77 has been removed from yet another thread ... sheesh!

To the point floortrader, the market can reward you handsomely or be incredibly cruel.

Take your time, develop a strategy that works for you, paper trade ad infinitum, constantly reviewing what did work and what did not work in a journal, with screenshots.

Contrary to your previous statements, there are several really good traders at ET who can help you (and impersonally, anyone else who reads their writings) with money management, psychology, market entry and exit strategy, vendors, data connections, hardware setups ... the information is all there, what you choose to do with it is up to you.

Bye,

Jimmy

#20     May 20, 2006