Market Meltdown WTF

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chewbacca, Apr 7, 2006.

1. EqtTrdr,

So true. And even spoken when we are still in a historically low three week range (as of 12:12 EST anyway).

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of margin calls coming up sometime this year :)

#11     Apr 7, 2006
  2. Yeah would you want to run a quant HFT reversion program,when an S&P sell program kicked in early today. Think not. Clear sailing to test support. [​IMG]

#12     Apr 7, 2006
  3. what do you use to guage volatility?

please don't say the vix, cause the s&p will not crash 200 pts....

#13     Apr 7, 2006
  4. capmac

capmac

Relax folks, it's time to buy more stocks.

We live in a great country with a wonderful economy..

FOREVER LONG !!

#14     Apr 7, 2006
  5. I think the S&P put in a short-mid term top today if we don't get a bullish close. If we close at the lows that's bad news for the bull market at least for the next several days and weeks.

#15     Apr 7, 2006
  6. I edited my post I ment a 20 point move off the highs. I was just exagerating about the crash thing its just that you get used to less than 10 point ranges and then you get a 20 point range and that's very significant.
    I wonder how Franz is doing today.

#16     Apr 7, 2006
  7. we will not close at the lows, and that is a poor guage of bias - especially on a friday.(many don't hold over the weekend.)

luckily, my crystal ball has told me a large buyer is moving into the market as we speak.

#17     Apr 7, 2006
  8. 10 year has almost a 5 handle and only looks to be climbing.

Many reasons to head to the sidelines right now and sit this one out.

I'm getting over 4% in a money market right now and don't even have to lock in for any length of time. The Fed. doesn't even look like they're going to announce taking a breather any time soon either. Today's jobs data isn't really making a strong case for a moderating economy as well.

Remember, the Fed USUALLY overdoes it and can easily spur recessions. Adjust accordingly for the time being. There will be good opportunities in the months ahead.

#18     Apr 7, 2006
  9. don't worry bernake a deflation hawk so if we drop another 10 points in the S&P he'll make a suprise rate cut...guaranteed

#19     Apr 7, 2006
  10. The S&P is where it was at the open on Tuesday, and it'll probably be flat for the week. No meltdown (and I'm somebody who likes crashes - most of my trades are long SPY puts). Today was just an excuse for people to take some profits off the table.

#20     Apr 7, 2006