Market Meltdown in October?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Sep 6, 2008.

SPY by October 31 from current level

1. Drops 15%

34 vote(s)
    33.7%
  2. Drops 7%

17 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. Drops 3%

8 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Flat

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Gains 3%

13 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. Gains 7%

13 vote(s)
    12.9%
  7. Gains 15%

9 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. lol. you dont have to worry about the hadron collider that they are firing this week at all. if anything really bad happens then it will likely instantly wipe out the solar system or something like that.

so all life on earth will be instantly switched off, so dont worry about it!

15% downmove if the collider spawns black holes..lol :D

#11     Sep 8, 2008
  2. The London Stock exchange would be down for record time = ETERNITY

#12     Sep 8, 2008
  3. could be a small black hole, enough to take out a town or a country. not necessarily lights out for everyone. :cool:

#13     Sep 8, 2008
  4. They don't really expect to extract a single watt of electricity of this investment.

This is just Keynesianisn, plain and simple.

The europeans frown upon military kynesianism, and they confuse charity -which in the long run causes more economic problems-, with Keynesianism.

This is about the only thing Europeans may do to try to save their troubled economies.

#14     Sep 8, 2008
  5. I think Keynesianisn economics has done pretty well for the vast majority of people. We'll never know because we only get to go down one path but I know me and those around me are living better than the 'rich' did 100 years ago.

#15     Sep 8, 2008
  6. the supercollider is bringing the markets down. spy -3% just today and this is before the giant mofo is switched on!

by the way, they switch the beast on tonight (Wed morning in europe).

#16     Sep 9, 2008
  7. tomorrow is 7 years since 911. note that number 7 is significant in islamic culture.

"Religious Significance
    The number seven is a key symbol in many Muslim cultural productions, both secular and religious, including art, architecture, folklore, literature, and ritual practices. There are approximately twenty-five references made to the number seven in the Qur'an the sacred text of Muslims. These references usually concern the seven heavens, the seven periods of creation, seven groups of things, or seven individuals, such as the Seven Sleepers of Ephesus"

http://www.wadsworth.com/religion_d/special_features/symbols/islamic.html

#17     Sep 10, 2008
  8. Last week smelled funny to me. Even though we had several nice +day in several major sectors, those rallies felt weak. It felt to me that there were no "rigor" in the advances. I am thinking that the smart money was dumping into the hands the dumb money.

whatever the solution about LEH this sunday, it may not be enough. next week we could easily see a few really nasty market drops as the trapped naive buyers from last week shed their shares.

#18     Sep 14, 2008
  9. should have called this poll "Meltdown in September".

#19     Sep 14, 2008

10. That's one hell of a prediction, bud! You're not one of them evanjellyquists, are you?

#20     Sep 14, 2008