"Market Map" - anybody using it ?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Marsupilami, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Tyren

Tyren

I don't sell anything. I'm just learning by talking, sharing and studying. :)

$100 on Ebay... now I have learned that... :)

#21     Nov 28, 2006
  2. swandro

swandro

This discussion gets more and more interesting. Tyren observes that the Larry map is the same as the Tom map, based on his actual observations. I would like to know from Tyren just how close he reckons they are, because there is no doubt they look the same, but I have never bothered to actually compare them on a daily basis.

My belief is that the two types of maps are based on the same basic ideas. It is true that Tom is a friend / admirer of Larry. It is also true that some of the major techniques contained in the Market Matrix are straight out of Larry's books.

Tom does say on his website they the maps are based on matrix and fib cycles, as has been pointed out earlier, but I asked him recently how he created them, and he mentioned only that it looks for patterns over 4 years of data - maybe these patterns are based on the cycles he refers to.

So Tyren - just how close do the 2 versions match?

#22     Nov 28, 2006
  3. Mup

Mup

Not quite sure its taken from larry P.??

Copan just uses standard Eillot Wave time and price stuff....

Maybe Tom just uses the 4 years worth of data, due to the LTD Cycle frame parameters...

You have to remember Tom arranged a seminar with Copan in Aug 94, it was called NEXUS, the pre Matrix..Anyway Copan provided a complete intraday delta count for a variety of markets.

Its strikes me that Toms maps are very closely related to the original templates Copan provided..

#23     Nov 28, 2006
  4. swandro

swandro

Fair point - I was just trying to say that Copan and Larry were using the same ideas - suggesting more links between Tom / Larry / Steve Copan and the maps.

#24     Nov 28, 2006
  5. Mup

Mup

I agree the Copan / Larry P links in the maps are undeniable.

The main one for me is the intraday time turn frame work Copan provided for NEXUS... Hougaards original maps were just a pure play on that template even down to the inversion points...

The Larry P connection seems to stem back from the Gilmore Las Vegas seminar or New York expo, the work of Dennis Regan seems to have come into play..

#25     Nov 28, 2006
  6. Tyren

Tyren

100%, I looked at them circa 10 days in october/november.

#26     Nov 28, 2006
  7. Mup

Mup

That is eye opening Tyren ....!

Seems the Tom Hougaard may have canned the Copan intra day and focused on the NN..

Hmmm delta just for the daily stuff these days for Tom ? Maybe says something about Copans intra day cycle order...:) )

#27     Nov 28, 2006
  8. Tyren

Tyren

:)

I have just looked at Copan stuff. It did not say "click" for me so I have not studied it deeply.

Here is something I have studied :

1a. (Elliott), Prechter, Swanell, partly Neely....
    1b. (Gartley), Pesavento, Gilmore, Miner....

2. Larry Connors, Mark Fisher, Linda Bradford Raschke...

and many more...

They in part 2 trades with the strong trend. That's is what I have been trading most of for the years. I have made my own system out of all this, the "Tyren wave".
    :)

Maybe I should start another topic, and have som TA-talk.

#28     Nov 29, 2006
  9. #29     Nov 30, 2006
  10. Tyren

Tyren

Larry often uses 1.272 to put on a trade. For example 1.272 of the last 1-2 days range.
    The butterfly is also a "reversal to mean -pattern", and uses 1.272 or 1.618.

#30     Nov 30, 2006