market makers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by samuritrader, Jun 12, 2004.

1. I like it too

keep an eye on evol, just tried to short it at 6.60 but I didn't get filled , gapped up huge and should be a good scalper for a couple days

#21     Jun 14, 2004
  2. www.alldaytraders.com

#22     Jun 14, 2004
  3. LouieR

LouieR

That All Day Traders would be all right if I wanted to trade contracts of "ganga" or Acupulco gold ;-)

#23     Jun 14, 2004
  4. I think there was a thread about this firm, have you had any
    problems with them? Executions? Money transfers? Have you
    had any problems shorting other stock?

#24     Jun 14, 2004
  5. Mecro

Mecro

LOL like I said, soon to become your famous last words. I hope not, but you got that mindset that will get you destroyed.

If you said you make money everyday in IBM, GM, F, DELL or MSFT and plan to continue to do so that I can understand. I have been making money on F close to everyday so I know it is very possible. But IPIX is a joke, it's just another hedge fund play stock and in essense is just some piece of shit company. It's just a matter of time before it gets manipulated against you and your arrogance/confidence is not going to help, only hurt.
    Yes I do have confidence, but I try very hard not to expect to make big dollars everyday. Learned the hard way not to expect money everyday and just trade well instead. I see you still have to learn that.

Oh and BTW, anytime a trader thinks he is 100% right, he is actually 200% wrong. Don't bet ur whole account on your IPIX escapades.

#25     Jun 14, 2004
  6. Turok

Turok

Sam, you want more proof you're a Moron? Of course you don't. Here is it anyway.

Your "original question":

Sam:
    >I'm wondering if at a market making firm, does
    >one guy trade the same stock all day long, everyday?

My reply, answering your original question THREE LINES INTO MY FIRST POST ON YOUR THREAD!!!!:

Me:
    >In short, with an MM it is usually the same guy
    >trading the stock throughout the day (I'm sure
    >there are breaks taken).

And here is you, too dumb to even recognize that I was the VERY FIRST guy to answer your question.

Sam:
    >as far as listening to turok, why should I listen
    >to a guy that answered everything but my
    >original question?

I rest my case.

JB

#26     Jun 14, 2004

7. IBM, GM, F, DELL or MSFT

whats so great about ford???

and these other stocks follow the charts just like ipix, the thing about ipix is , it has a spread of .80-2.00 when it was a 7.00 stock , the same spread that ibm has and its a 90.00 stock

most days msft doesn't have that spread, I'm not affraid if ipix crashes, I'm not holding it for more than a couple minutes, or any other stock, and ibm went from 100.00 to 84.00, for somebody holding that had to be frightning

I just scalp, and I didn't say big money, I'm not greedy, I trade a plan, 350-750 a day and I stick to it, if a stock runs better than I thought I'll get more but it works for me, I trade the technicals and everyday their are patterns that show up on most ,if not all stocks, I know a lot of people don't like techs but it works for me

I use a couple patterns and they work, you can call that arrogance, but it works, now if 350-750 a day is not enough for you or sounds like little money, good for you, but I know a lot of traders and people who wouldn't mind making it

#27     Jun 15, 2004
  8. LouieR

LouieR

Samuritrader

Are you using candlesticks to trade IPIX? If so, which patterns?

Thanks,

Louie

#28     Jun 15, 2004
  9. hey louie,

I use candles but you have to be careful not to use them by themselves, you have to combine other technicals with them or you will get fooled by them, I use them a lot for support and resistance, and high volume hammers

I'll put a couple links in for you , the chart school link is pretty good if you take the time to read thru it, it has some pretty good stuff, I mostly look for head and shoulder s tops and bottoms, trendline line breaks, I try to keep it simple, I use the 20ma, 50ma, and the 200ma, I use rsi 9 but I trade it with trendlines, it can be pretty good if you put a trendline on the rsi 9, you have to be careful not to get whipsawed around but if you look overhead at the ma's to see how much room you have up or down, I trade off the 1 minute chart but I watch the 5, 15, 30 to see where the stock is heading or at least where it might be heading, I use the 3 month and 1 and 5 year to get an idea of the long term trend and for support and resistance, one thing I like is volume, its a really good tool to use

if you go into the chart school, look at the h&s tops and bottoms, and the bump and run pattern, go to chart analysis and you will find these patterns, also peak and trough, i'll send you a link, its the same as head and shoulders just sideways, these work for me, but if the stock gets to far away from the 20ma and it looks like theres money in it I like that play also, for quick pennies

http://stockcharts.com/education/ChartAnalysis/index.html

http://trending123.com/patterns/corrective_wave_up.htm

go to middle of this link and look at the essential pattern, if you use in general, it can help from getting faked out on the first h&s down

http://www.decisionpoint.com/TAcourse/TAcourseMenu.html

has some h&s patterns
    http://www.investopedia.com/articles/technical/

this has some stuff in it

http://www.pring.com/articles/article7.htm

If you look at this peak and trough pattern its in every stock all the time, It can be a great tool, and its simple

hope some of this helps, I'm not pretending to be an expert, but these patterns work for me and I just wait for them, with trendlines, the chart school has some trendline stuff in there thats not bad

#29     Jun 15, 2004
  10. No not so far. I have transferred money to and from with out a problem.

There was a thread started on these guys by NYCHOTSHOT .

Shorts are never a problem I like to short the ETF's and I've had no problem with shares with IPIX , CSCO, and MSFT.

#30     Jun 15, 2004