Market Makers STUPID?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by axeman, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Ebo

Ebo

Most size is negotiated upstairs anyway.

#11     Nov 6, 2003
  2. Bob111

Bob111

in "hit and run" book by cooper he "reveal" his trading system ,where he step on front of big order, hope that stock will run up, driven by this big buyer.. what you describe(and what i saw every day on not very liquid stocks-just opposite to this moronic strategy. after big size pop up, there is immediately bunch of Cooper followers shows up and start beat each other with bids one penny above each other..after bid is high enough and there is enough idiots on front of this big buy order-seller simply unload his stack(not been shown before) and all idiots are get filled. then big order all of sudden-disappears. done deal and everyone is happy))))

#12     Nov 6, 2003
  3. Does this really work out like this?

If the guy shows a big bid alone, then I dont consider
    him a real buyer yet.

But this guy was showing size, getting whacked,
    and then refilling with more size.

The stock DID run up.... and there was a lot of buying
    volume. Im up $1500 and am holding overnight.

The guy looked like a real buyer to me, so I just
    couldnt understand why he showed size.

What I typically see, is the guy will bid 100 shares, with
    auto refill, and sit there and collect, hoping everyone
    wont notice.

peace

axeman

#13     Nov 6, 2003
  4. I agree. But I also don't see what's real and what's bluff when I see market depth. I guess that's why I can't trade NASDAQ stocks profitably. I lost a week's worth of profits in IMCL a couple of weeks ago.

#14     Nov 6, 2003
  5. Yes, they are somewhat dumb, aren't they? So, how are you going do to beat them? Or do you really want to take the hard-earned lunch from these poor fellows?

:p

#15     Nov 6, 2003