Market Makers & ECN’s Is the grass greener ?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by 4x Steven, Sep 15, 2006.

1. I guess the point I’m getting at is basically it seem like any body that is now offering variable spreads has been classified as an ECN.

ie:propfx, fxcmpro, or even hotspotfx

but at the end of the day even these are all still your basic retail firm even if they are using currenex or hotspotfxi technology

I just wanted to make sure all the guys out there didn't get confused bewteen the retail shop setting up using Currenex technology and nothing more than that. I have yet to find a Prime Brokerege or Second tier prime broker allowing any one to open an account less than 50k. Also if they tell there is 6 majors banks clearing threw their platfomr but can't tell which ones their full of shit. Also when dealing threw a prime brokerage and using currenex or hotspotfxi the amounts are done in millions not 100,000 or less and their looking for a min of about 25mil in daily volume. It is what it is.

I do think we will see a change to come in the futre like w/ saw back in the day w/ stocks. but like FXopportunist is trying to say in a nice way get over it learn to trade or get off the pot

turbo

#11     Sep 19, 2006
  2. Turbo,
    check out ADM (Aaron Trading)
    They have 25k Currenex accounts that dont require 2.5m per day. But the minimum trade size is 500,000

#12     Sep 19, 2006
  3. And how many banks are flowing threw their system. This is my point propfx ad fxcmpro uses currenex to for less but its not the same....

turbo

#13     Sep 20, 2006
  4. The only thing I know to do is to ask them and to ask around. Because of anonymity, you will have to take their word for it. But, if you notice on the Currenex platform, when you look at the market depth you can set your platform to show the counterparty codes and count them. this wont tell you who they are or how big they are but you could keep an eye on how much size each one typically offers. This is a long away around the block but it may make you feel better about it. The easier and probably better way is for traders to just share their experiences and guage by that. A guy at FXCM did admit to me that ADM's Currenex & Fxall probably had slightly better liquidity than the Propfx platform does on the majors.

#14     Sep 20, 2006
  5. That the key word is Liquidity... :D

turbo

#15     Sep 20, 2006