Market Maker Report

Discussion in 'Options' started by PeterK, Feb 17, 2010.

1. PeterK

PeterK

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you guys know any sites where Market Makers talk about their trading day on a regular basis. I am located in Seoul but also trade in Hong Kong.

2. deltalean

deltalean

I'm not aware of one as most shops in the US view their strategies, internal communications and positions as sensitive proprietary material.

3. PeterK

PeterK

Thanks Deltalean. I did hear someone mention that on one of the sites a MM mentions what happened during the trading day. For instance, the market lowered the volatility or bid up the skew or the roll changed a lot. I understand most will not mention their trading strategies but since many MMs keep trying to scalp and not hold a major position, I thought this could be a good way to learn about any market for a given day.

4. tomk96

tomk96

some of what you might be looking for may come from the cboe on twitter. i think they mention some happenings like that. if you and i are trading the same product, i don't need somebody to tell me if vol is going higher or lower right now. we are looking at the same info.