Market loves Bad Econ #'s...lol

Discussion in 'Economics' started by EqtTrdr, Apr 1, 2003.

1. al-jizz-era TV

#11     Apr 1, 2003
  2. When a market goes up on bad news, it is a bullish sign. Don't fight it.

#12     Apr 1, 2003
  3. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

what!??? where did you learn that???

#13     Apr 1, 2003
  4. This could be a better instrument to trade economic news http://www.gs.com/econderivs/. But they should be continuously traded, with expiration date when the report is released, like www.tradesports.com does for unemployment numbers.

Very funny that bookies are doing a better job creating financial instruments than investment bankers.

For the stock market, after the initial wiggle, the markets basically return to what they were doing before the news. Pure human emotion...

#14     Apr 1, 2003
  5. I think I first read it in one of the market wizards books. It has certainly helped me over the years.

#15     Apr 2, 2003
  6. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

aiight... i wasnt testing you... just that i never heard that rational/indication before... i am assuming... that the reason why it goes up on bad news is because its already factored into the market...

#16     Apr 2, 2003
  7. Nobody cares about the factory orders number either...

#17     Apr 2, 2003
  8. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

lol... nope its about as important as if someone posts on here or not... fridays are a lil more influential but again not by a lot...

#18     Apr 2, 2003
  9. Depends, remember when economic news moved 5,10,15+ points? Everybody was trying to anticipate the influence of the ec numbers on Greenspan's rate cutting...

Now everybody's focused on the war...

So it really depends on what everybody's looking. There isn't a lot really fundamental about short term stock prices, all emotional...

#19     Apr 2, 2003
  10. i'm sitting here, waiting to get short....

but i do love to be short...maybe it's interfering with my judgment...

FWIW, i've been seeing alot of selling into the rally all day...but again, we all love to see what we're looking for, so maybe i'm biased...

i was biased this AM, and lost some change on that shit!!! hahahaaa

#20     Apr 2, 2003