market likes Obama's stimulus idea's

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NY_HOOD, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Actually, WWII did not get us out of the Depression. All it did was soak up unemployment, but no economic growth occurred until after WWII, when the economy was liberalized from the strangulation of some of the New Deal's policies.

Another fact: the market rallied after FDR was elected in 1932. That was followed by 10 years of stagnation, negative net investment and double digit unemployment.

#71     Dec 9, 2008
  2. richrf

richrf

Yes, stagnation occurred because there was a similar debt/GDP ratio during Hoover's years that had to be worked off, (and it takes time), and there was the same huge gap in wealth distribution, meaning the rich were getting richer and the middle class was getting more in debt.

But that would be where the effects of "free market" economy ends. Rather than strangulate the economy as Hoover did, and other Right Wing ideologues would like us to do again now, Obama is going to flood the economy with projects that are worthwhile and will put people back to work. It is not perfect, but after a huge binge party, there is no perfect way to wake up in the morning.

#72     Dec 9, 2008
  3. Yeah, I think that's a baby face. All babies look like angels but you don't know what hides inside them!

#73     Dec 10, 2008
  4. Today I covered 33% of my ES SHORT 918.50's at 878.50 and another roughly 17% at 868.50.....holding last half of my ES short position for another 17% of position cover at 818.50's (damn....may get them soon :eek: ). After 818.50 level is tagged out I will hold the last 33% of my 918.50 entires for trading back in the 700's or below! (as rolled over positions to the new contract) :D

Market does NOT like ANYONE'S ideas right now!!! :eek:

#74     Dec 11, 2008