market likes Obama's stimulus idea's

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NY_HOOD, Dec 8, 2008.

1. nassau

nassau

is it that the market likes his ideas or just a classic short squeeze.

the market is very thin in stocks and futures and imo the only people buying are the forced shorts.

Obama's ideas are really no different from your present gov't. only his ideas ie stocks are in different areas ie solar.

OBama and his group will reap funds just as the Bush does. No one is doing anything for nothing. His areas rally when he speaks.

Futures seem to be range bound. the range is just larger as the volume is low which creates volitility.

W

#41     Dec 8, 2008
  2. Good points....

You remember the day that there were not so many hedge funds....and the day that even your waiter worked for some hedge fund ?

Just too many large hedge funds doing similar strategies....

The buy side now would favor the idea of covering shorts....

The new longs could be coined the new "Obama longs" supported by policy...no?

Uncertainty = leaving town and leaving behind low volume.....

And when news gets even more incredibly negative....and stocks just seem to stop going down....is the message a long player is looking for.....

#42     Dec 8, 2008
  3. nassau

nassau

Would agree with you, many of the larger players are gone now for holidays or also don't want to get caught in these crazy moves.
    the days of the es moving 30-50 points and being big are gone for now.
    the market is doing buy the rumor which is a short squeeze imo as the shorts create the liquidity for the MM and sell the news.
    Obama or whomever will say and do as they please but the market will also.
    We all have seen the market rally when ? or visa versa.
    To my personally when I see the market rally like this on bad news and we here the news reports stating it is good that the market discounts it and we are near a bottom etc. I see a very clean executed bear trap.
    regardless one needs a strong stomach with reference to the moves.

good luck trading

w

#43     Dec 8, 2008
  4. Obviously the market likes printing money. Thats how you fix deflation.

#44     Dec 8, 2008
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

They should not have been born to terrorist parents.

#45     Dec 8, 2008
  6. Sold every new high today (sold 4 rotations of new highs) and we end up the day sitting right at the key 905's level I mentioned earlier this morning. Holding 918.50/917.50 SHORT ES entries going into the AH session....that was great price rotation at each new high today in the BEAR rally move.

#46     Dec 8, 2008
  7. DWV

DWV

Obama says he wants to create jobs by investing in infrastructure. What he's really trying to do is build a bridge to France to make it easier for them to take us over.

#47     Dec 8, 2008
  8. Hit 20 point targets at 897.50's for the 917.50 entries......holding all 918.50's for tomorrows action. EU session tonight may start to fill some of todays gap......cool! :)

#48     Dec 8, 2008
  9. richrf

richrf

The guys got the smarts, and the Street knows it. I am going all in .... slowly. :)

#49     Dec 8, 2008
  10. richrf

richrf

Heck. Building roads, schools, fuel efficient cars and buildings, and a technology infrastructure is at least as productive (much more so) than building bombs and dropping them on a country to destroy their infrastructure ... and then giving them hundreds of billions of dollars to rebuild it. My vote is for the Obama plan.

#50     Dec 8, 2008