Market just turned bearish

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hajimow, May 23, 2007.

1. Mak you're cutting and pasting is growing as tiresome as you're pom pom routine. If you want to act like a child be prepared to be treated like one. I notice you didn't answer my question.

#21     May 23, 2007
  2. The only thing is, what buy-outs will be announced on Monday to shatter this HUGE sell-off?

You can't whip a bull constantly without causing some bleeding for sure. With that being said, when will the PE guys run out of all that cash to do their deals with?

One thing that is interesting though, some of these latest take-outs aren't as lucrative for shareholders as they have been. When the first "corrupt" deal where some CEO is conspiring for a sweetheart deal and screwing all the other shareholders is announced, that just may be the "scandal" that sours the current market.

Just see what each day/week/month brings us and make moves accordingly.

Good Luck!

#22     May 23, 2007
  3. bluud

bluud

It's funny that you didn't say Black Thursday

#23     May 23, 2007
  4. Wow, the mkt is closed on monday, so maybe when we wake up on tusday 1/3 of the sp500 is taken out?

#24     May 23, 2007
  5. nitro

nitro

Not even close. The market reacted in nearly classical fashion at an all time high. It will probably take serveral tries to get over 1535ish (based on M7 contract). They may even go back to the low 1500s or even very high 14XXs, but imo nothing can keep ES from 1550 - 1575 (based on M7 contract), and possibly even 16XX by year end.

The variance once we top will become obvious. Already there are signs of it, and if a third try fails at 1535ish, then a short term short for 50 handles may be worth a try. But the trend is well in place to the upside and all short orders should be chicken (no more than a two handle stop loss) when placed. At worst, shorts should be long puts, or short the ES with a very low pain tolerance.

nitro

#25     May 23, 2007
  6. WTF?!:confused:

#26     May 23, 2007
  7. The surgery was a success!!

#27     May 23, 2007
  8. It can't get any worse,...can it?:)

#28     May 23, 2007
  9. My penis feel like it about to break out to new all-time high.

Everytime my girlfriend say "What's wrong Handsome" I just tell her it is just pulling back and for her to take advantage of every pullback and dip as a new opportunity. :D :D:)

#29     May 23, 2007
  10. hajimow

hajimow

Nitro, remember I said short term correction and you are talking about S&P of 1600 by the end of the year. I can not disagree with you on that. {Actually my personal opinion is that S&P will end up 5% up this year. That means that it will close the year lower than what it is now.} Believe me 5% correction will wipe out many high leveraged long accounts and their panic selling will damage more. I never said Dow at 10000 or S&P at 12000 or ......
    Many people are saying don't scare me of correction, I can handle 20 points down in DOW. It won't be like that. I mean 20 points drop in DOW. Let me give you an example, AAPL can go to 90 and still nothing has happened. AMZN can go down to 58 and is still 20 points higher from 2 months ago. Corrections like this will kill many novice traders and traders with short term memory who tend to forget the past.

My observation is that tech stocks are in trouble. Maybe "trouble" is not the right word. They are out of gas to go higher. Today many stocks tried to go higher but failed miserably. Decliner far outpaced advancers and .......
    I don't say correction will happen. I said it started as of 3PM today and will continue. Correction and not crash.

#30     May 23, 2007