Market is tougher than George Foreman!?!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, May 15, 2003.

1. Who gives a sh*t!!!! Unless you think that the economy is fine, the longer this goes on the bigger the downside will be.

I may be off, but for the most part...wasn't the average Joe Schmoe more hurt from the stock market bubble than benefited? And didn't the "unrealistic" market lead to such things as companies going public that shouldn't have and execs milking shareholders for their hard earned dollars. A market overextending to the upside is never a good thing unless it is soon backed by fundamentals/economy!

But hey who gives a sh*t!?!

Let the games continue!...

#11     May 15, 2003

2. LOL.

That BS sounds exactly like something CNBC talking head "analysts" would say; ie, a memorable line, with no substance to it.

#12     May 15, 2003
  3. Momento

Momento

I agree.
    So just make sure you are not one of the Joe Schmoe, then you will be able to catch the next big wave. (or else you will be wipe out by it)

(I sound like Marketsurfer all of a sudden.. :p)

Who gives a damn... really...

#13     May 16, 2003
  4. Abraham Lincoln actually rescinded an emancipation proclamation issued by Missouri territory General John Fremont around 1860. With this attitude toward the slaves, it was really irresponsible to emancipate them in 1863, with no real provisions for rehabilitating and integrating them into American society. Like releasing caged animals without any rehabilitation or provisions to help them survive. We are still experiencing the effects of this thoughtlessness today.

#14     May 16, 2003
  5. Market continues to defy gravity. People seem to be pretty complacent about Ebay at 100 and Dell at a PE in the high 30s. Heck, an oversold rally in the dollar or selloff in bonds could keep this market going.

tick tock...tick tock...

#15     May 16, 2003
  6. tshin01

tshin01

That's the thing I don't understand.

Why in the hell do people want to buy Ebay???? Are they waiting for the stock to split or something?

It's ridiculous how there are so many blue chips out there that are way below market value (GE) yet Ebay is going off the roof....I think people want that bubble to get blown up again....so that they can lose money and move their money to property..OR MAYBE ITS THE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES THAT ARE POORING MONEY INTO THE TECH STOCKS AND ARE PLANNING ON DOING A MAJOR SELL OFF SO PPL GO, OH THE HELL WITH THIS SHIT...AND BUY MORE HOUSES AND FARMS....DUM DEE DUM DEE DUM *MYSTERY*...good for traders...more penny stocks for us...yippeee

#16     May 19, 2003
  7. Ummmmm actually, its what DOW theory shows.

peace

axeman

#17     May 19, 2003
  8. Maverick1

Maverick1

looks like Foreman took it on the forehead today, :cool:

Mav.

#18     May 19, 2003
  9. Correlation is not causation. And it's not prediction either. There are alternative explanations which I have yet to hear explored.

#19     May 19, 2003
  10. omcate

omcate

IMHO:
    A lot of legendary fund managers were asking the same question about the technology stocks, when NASDAQ jumped from 2,100 to 5,100 in less than two years.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

#20     May 19, 2003